My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My jigsaw

I have a dozen or more jigsaw puzzles and am just about finished with the one I've  been working on this week.  I love doing them but I have a tendency to sit down and NEVER GET UP!  Hate it when that happens.  I let myself get lost in finding "one more damn piece" and next thing you know, the day has gone.

I didn't do exercises today.  I did get a lot of housework done, however.  My shoulder continues to cause me a lot of grief so that was my excuse to not get on the bike.  Tomorrow I'll climb on no matter what.

I really like the last puzzle I did of a red cardinal bird on a tree branch with pine cones. I stopped at the picture framing shop downtown to see how much a piece of foam board would cost so I can frame it. I hadn't planned on actually framing; I just wanted to hang it on the wall.  Her quote for a piece of foam board was just under $10.  I would have bought it at $5 but not $10.  She told me I have to use good backing for art.  I told her my puzzle wasn't art. It was just my puzzle.

I asked her about using cardboard and where I could get a piece but she said cardboard is no good and she didn't know where to get a piece anyhow.  Not sure what I'm going to do.  I did buy some Mod Podge glue which was $5 itself so I do plan to get this bird hung one way or the other.  I've got about
3 puzzles hung in the garage but the boards warped a bit as I just used whatever I could find.  Maybe I'll browse through Serenity House and see what they have. There has to be an economical way to do this.

Sold three books today so that was nice.  Tomorrow I'm getting back to work on my photos project. I may put off starting another puzzle since I've established the fact that I have no self control at working on them just a little every day.

Here's the latest picture Mary sent me of Jacob.  I just can't get over how absolutely adorable he is!
He's one lucky baby, that's for sure. Andy and Mary are so happy. That makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment