My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, January 13, 2014

Visiting Ruthie

Mary Norton and I met up with Linda P. and Joanne G. at the visitors center on Beaver Valley Road and drove into Silverdale to visit with Ruth for a little while. She's at Northwoods Nursing Home and Rehab Center working on getting her left side to move again.  We had to wait a bit to get in her room but we probably stayed over a half hour before heading out for lunch.  She was looking pretty good and seems to feel confident she'll get her left side stronger every day.  Made me remember the one night I spent at a nursing home and how much I hated it.  Course she has a much nicer room (by herself), and a nice big tv but still....there's nothing like going home.  She doesn't know how long that will be.

We pushed her out in the hall and at one point and I asked her to ham it up for the camera.  That was the Ruthie I know and remember.  Ha ha

We saw Tom Plut walking in the hall. He said he should get to go home this week after having his shoulder replaced.  I hope I don't have to go that route.  I was hoping the injection I got in my right shoulder bursa Friday would give me some relief but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.  Joanne told me she hurt her shoulder once and it took a solid year to get it back to feeling better.  Sigh...


I had Ruth's physical therapist take our picture while there.  We stayed for over half a hour and then she had to go to lunch so we left to go find a restaurant ourselves.

I think I'm going to hit the sack early tonight.  I got involved in my jigsaw puzzle last night while listening to a  J.A. Jance book on tape. Next thing I knew it was midnight.  I fell in bed and then tossed and turned for two more hours.  Hate it when that happens.

Tomorrow I'm picking the twins up at their junior high and taking Maddie to the dentist after school. Not much else planned this week outside of a few household chores, my puzzle (almost done) and my pictures project.

My sister is taking half a dozen of my books down to a shop on Water Street so she can display them for sale.  Sure hope  they sell. I really need to work a little harder at marketing them. I brought home a couple boxes of the books that Linda had been holding for me.  She kept 20 copies, though, and said she'll deliver if anyone wants to buy.  You can buy a copy in PT at 913 Water Street - Maricees.
 Here's my latest picture that Mary sent of Jacob.  This little bathtub was sent to her as a gift and he seems to like it.
And here's another that Andy took. Mary put it on Facebook but I know not everyone visits that website and I don't want you to miss out.  Ha Ha
Well, off to my recliner. I taped Downton Abbey last night and I want to see what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment