My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, March 3, 2014

16 HOOTER HOLDERS

It's hard to come up with titles for my daily blog post but I kind of like this one. For whatever reason, I woke up thinking I needed to clean out my bra drawer.  I was kinda surprised (yet not too much) that I had 16 bras.  I just can't seem to throw out a bra even when it's long passed its usefulness.  Once they get broke in, they're kind of like old friends that you want to keep around.  A few were in like new condition -- most likely bought in too quick of a hurry after putting it on in the dressing room and thinking it would do.  Trying on bras is so boring; I never do give it the proper time required.  You find out later as you wear it throughout the day that you should have bought a bigger size 'cause there's no way this is ever going to feel comfortable.  It gets tossed into the back of the drawer and you try not to think about the money you wasted 'cause you were in too much a hurry.

I've been wearing sports bras for quite a while but after another bad night of shoulder pain,  I wondered if maybe the "girls" needed more support and I should try leaving the comfy sports bras in the drawer.  It stands to reason since you invest in better shoes when your feet hurt.  We'll see.... and yes, I'll keep everyone posted on this latest theory of mine.

I had Jimmy Kimmel on right before lights out and one of his guests was Kevin Spacey.  I sure do like him.  Kevin, that is.  I like Jimmy too.  I think I prefer him over Jimmy Fallon, and definitely over David Letterman!

I enjoyed the Oscar show.  I think Ellen did a great job.  I liked Bette Midler's song and Pink, but didn't think U2's song about Mandela was all that special.  I suspect the applause and cheers was more for U2 being U2 than the song itself.  It's always a little sad to see which stars have visibly aged.  That's life, though.  We all change over time.  Poor old Sidney Poiter needed help walking but they took care of that by giving him the arm of Angelina Jolie.  And Matthew McConaughey was definitely looking after Kim Novak.  Her face lift was obvious but I think maybe she'd had a stroke too.

Everybody who was predicted to win did win so there weren't any major surprises. I enjoyed seeing the people in the audience and loved when Ellen solicited money for the pizza guy.

 It was a very interesting (and stressful) night of dreams and interrupted sleep because of shoulder pain.  I was actually kind of surprised at the problems I was having because I had been relatively okay all day long and dared to think "maybe I'm over the worst now."  Ha!

I turned out the light around 10:30 and was yawning up a storm. Sitting in front of the tv for too long can wear you out. Anyhow, I was sure I'd be out like a light in no time.  Was disappointed to find that wasn't going to be on the program. I couldn't believe it when I'd glance at the clock and see 12:30, 2:30, 3:30.  No matter what position I tried, my shoulders were over-the-top painful.  My physical therapy starts day after tomorrow and runs twice a week for three weeks.  I can only pray that it fixes things.  I'm going to try a massage next.  I just don't understand how something as simple as shoulder pain can stick around for months. I also can't understand why no one seems to know why.

I may make a library run today.  I'm thinking I need to do some more research on genealogy tips of finding elusive relatives.  I know there has to be places I can find the answers I'm looking for.  Unfortunately, it's probably going to require money but what the hell...if I don't spend it on research, I'd just spend it on Snickers Bars.   I  may have to sign up for ancestry.com again too.  At least for a month. There are lots of free websites but I've noticed most of the links they offer require a subscription.

Well, here come the yawns.  I've only been up for an hour and half and I'm tired.  Lookin' like a nap is on the agenda for sure.

Here's a cute video I got in an email yesterday....


No comments:

Post a Comment