My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Here Comes March

Man, where did my morning go?  I did vacuum but mostly I've been surfing the net and writing emails.
Going to settle in the recliner around 4 or 4:30 to devote the rest of the day to Oscar shows.  I've read the winners will be cut off if they start rambling beyond the designated time in their thank yous.  I hope so.

I saw Nebraska on  one of the streaming in channels on my Roku (cost me $5) but I'm fine with that. Excellent flick!  It's a shame it won't win for Best Picture.  Way too many really good movies up this year. Same for actors and actresses.

Even though it's predicted that 12 Years a Slave is going to win, I still kinda hope for Nebraska or Capt. Phillips.  Course I haven't seen Slave and I haven't seen American Hustle or the Wall Street flick.
I suppose any of those could come in.  Maybe even Dallas Buyers Club.  I did see that one but I don't think it deserves best picture. Some commentators are discussing Tom Hanks being left out. I think he should have been included.  Not all his pictures are favorites of mine but Phillips was.  They're also discussing The Butler being shut out.  Well, personally, I didn't care much for that movie.  I thought it was kind of boring, in fact.  I did, however, think Oprah absolutely deserved to be nominated.  She was nominated for The Color Purple back in 1985 and I've always thought she was cheated.

Actors:  I'm hoping for Bruce Dern but Matthew McConaughey or Leonard diCaprio seen to be favored.

Actresses: They're all top notch and this will be a hard one.  I love everything Judi Dench and Meryl Streep do but the others are terribly good this year too. Except Sandra Bullock. She's been great in other movies but Gravity was a turn off for me. I think I'd like to See Cate Blanchart win.

Best supporting actor: I like three of them -- Jared Leto, Bradley Cooper, and Jonah Hill. I haven't really seen American Hustle but the previews look good and Cooper and Hill could win.  Probably won't, though. Jared seems to be favored for Dallas Buyers Club.

Best supporting actress:  I want June Squibb in Nebraska.  Julia Roberts was pretty good, though, and Jennifer Lawrence is always fun to watch.

My nephew, Eddie, dropped in for a few minutes yesterday with his dog, Silva.  (not a small pooch by any means)

I woke up this morning to find bird seed all over the ground.  The deer are back.  I had Hunter hang two of the feeders high on the roof eave so at least the deer can't get them.  I should have known they'd come back to get the lower feed bin.

These are the two hanging from the porch that are high enough for birds only.  The hummingbirds are a daily attraction too.

Not too much on my calendar this week.  Have physical therapy on Wed and Friday and may make a trip to Poulsbo to visit Ruthie, who transferred to Martha & Mary's from Seaport Landing in PT.

Some time this month, I hope to take a ride on my outside bike. I'm a tad nervous about it so I've asked Hunter if we could put the bikes in my car ((mine is a fold up) and drive across town to the old K-Mart parking lot.  It's flat, out of the way of traffic, and I want to practice before I take to the streets.  I don't suppose I'll have any problems but I still want to be in a private area where I won't be seen if I fall on my butt. 

I'm playing with the idea of starting up my PT Leader blog again.  Kind of depends on whether or not they keep them open for free viewing from non-subscribers to the e-edition of the online version.  Blogs don't appear in the printed paper, and blog writing can be time consuming.  If the audience is going to be limited, I'll just stick with my own.

I did spend a couple hours searching online yesterday for genealogy clues.  Most of the sites were pretty limited on what you could see but I'm just not ready to start paying yet.  Mainly because I know there has to be some outlets I haven't discovered yet.  I'm more interested in a specific area of time and specific relatives.  I may go back up to the library and check out some more ancestry magazines. They're full of ideas.

I set out my next jigsaw puzzle to tackle yesterday.  It's a 1000-piece and the pieces seem to be large as it took up a lot more space then usual.  Should be a fun one, though.  It's book covers.

And here's the latest of the new grandson...

Guess I'll go fry up a hamburger for lunch now.  Before I talk myself into driving over to Jack in the Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment