My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday around the place

Went to physical therapy this morning and she did an ultrasound treatment on my neck.  I mentioned to her that I had a couple of hours last night from about 7 to 9 where I had no pain. I noticed it immediately as it's been a while.  I went to bed and within an hour, both shoulders and neck were hurting so much I had to get up and sleep in the recliner.  I can deal with that but it had better not be a forever thing.

My memory foam twin size mattress pad arrived today so I set it up on my bed.  It was a bit of a disappointment but I guess it will be okay.  I ordered on Amazon and used all the notes on the box of the first memory foam I had.  Same brand name, dimensions, etc.  Well, the box arrived and it doesn't look like my first one. It's blue instead of white, has tiny little black thingies all over the foam (not sure what they are) and it was packed so tight in the box, I had to cut open the box to get it out. It unrolled stiffly and is a little smaller than the twin one I got at Costco.

The directions  say I can return to Costco if displeased but I don't know how I could do that with the box all cut flat.  I'm hoping it will be okay.  Just looks cheaper somehow even though the price was the same as the original Costco one, and it does feel like it's bouncing right back.  If nothing else, it does give me an extra bed for company to sleep on, if need be as it will work fine on the floor.

Noticed and heard a lot of machinery in the alley today and took a couple pictures after he left.

And then...just because I could, I took three pictures under the back deck. I can't get down to really look under there and I was curious.


I was on a roll by this time so I took a picture of Teddy sitting on the wall ledge in the living room.

I've had this bear since probably 1948.  He used to be a lot cuter and while I never actually pay him much attention, I still can't bear to toss him out because he's been with me too long. I'm sure the kids will when I kick the bucket.

Mary is bringing me a couple of Coca Cola bar stools she got free with some promotion so I'm planning on selling or giving away my mismatched stools that I have now.  If you want to pick them up, they're yours.
I've also got this tv table in the garage to unload.  I'll probably end up taking it to Goodwill.
Finished an audio book by D.H. Lawrence yesterday called Sons and Lovers. Wikipedia said this:

 Sons and Lovers is a 1913 novel by the English writer D. H. Lawrence. The Modern Library placed it ninth on their list of the 100 best novels of the 20th century. While the novel initially incited a lukewarm critical reception, along with allegations of obscenity, it is today regarded as a masterpiece by many critics and is often regarded as Lawrence's finest achievement.
My opinion was -- what a waste of my time!  Ended STUPID! Yet I listened to all 15 disks.  Probably wouldn't have if I hadn't been involved in a good jigsaw puzzle.  And the obscenity?  Ha!  Didn't match what we read today.  (I've also never thought Catcher in the Rye was worth all the hoopla it gets)

If I can remember, I'll add various things I've read in magazines or got in emails lately.  The first is from Family Tree Magazine.

Bridal showers originated in the Netherlands as a way to help a bride whose father disapproved of the marriage and refused to pay a dowry.

This next thing came from Linda Farina in TN...
You may have to click on the photo to enlarge the writing underneath.

Kind of sorry I missed Jeopardy last night.  I see that Chu guy was finally defeated.  Would have liked to have seen that 'cause he thought he was annoying.

I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have liked to today but there's always tomorrow.  I seem to do better if I don't have to leave the house on any errand.  I'm too easily distracted and when I come home, I sit down at the computer and surf around for entertainment.  Unpacking that foam and getting it encased it is cover and onto my bed with new sheets took a lot of my energy.  Not just because I had to haul the thing in there but once I pulled out the bed, I realized I needed to pull out the vacuum and discourage spiders from hanging out with all the dust along the floor moulding (or whatever you call it).

Vacuuming (and just about all housework in general) is tiring.  Can't just zip through it all like I used to. I'm slowin' down.  Such is life.

That missing airplane sure is a mystery.  I figure it's a goner for sure.  Probably nose first into the water somewhere.  I wondered what happened to Sam Champion, the weatherman on Good Morning America. I saw him this morning on the Today Show talking about his new program on the weather channel.  I wonder if that's a step up or a step down? According to another news site that said he had a big following....

“ABC sensed Sam was unhappy months ago, so they started working on Ginger Zee as his replacement,” one network insider tells us. “The big reason he is leaving is that he can now appear on merchandise for the Weather Channel. They’re going to plaster his face on raincoats, boots, umbrellas, mugs, hats; you name it. And Sam will get a good chunk of that money.

Mary showed me this lawn toy she got for Jacob recently on  this eastside trade website. The woman selling it ended up living right down the street from Mary and she got it super cheap.  Poor ole Jake... I sense he's going to really hurt for toys to play with throughout his childhood.  ha ha ha ha
And on that note...here's the latest.... what can I say?  Cute, cute, cute!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment