My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, March 7, 2014

Signs of spring outside my window

I wandered around my yard a little bit this morning to evaluate what areas I needed to get weeding when it dries out more.  My tulip leaves are up but you can hardly see them along the fence because of all the clipping and weeding I need to do.  I'll have to use my shower stool to sit on if I want to make any progress there.
My raised garden beds were a mess too but I did make the effort to clean them up today.  Couldn't wait for color so I picked up some artificial flowers at Serenity House. It was unbelievable how much Joanne Fabrics wanted for one stem of fake flowers.  Way more than I'm willing to dish out.  Good ole Serenity House had some for a two dollars instead of $7 or $8.  Being the miser I am, I thought $2 was high too but then I think everything should cost less than a dollar if it's used.  Ha ha

I looked over my trees and noticed buds were coming out so that made me happy.

As you can see, the lawn is absolutely horrid.  Moss all the way around the house.  I know there's some stuff you can buy called Moss Off. Maybe I'll look into it.  Depends on what kind of physical labor I have to extend to remove the moss.  Major raking isn't going to help my shoulders any.

I did have some crocus appearing down in the corner where I used to have bird feeders but abandoned because of rats. At least I "think" it's crocus. I sure don't remember planting it.

The birds seem to figure out pretty quickly where you move the feeders.  I'm having lots of activity outside my office window here in the front.  Only problem is, the neighbor cats seem to prefer my yard over theirs most of the time.  One has even taken to sitting on my roof since I moved the feeders to the eave.  The neighbor kid came over last night as it was starting to get dark and actually expected me to help him get his cat off my roof.  I felt like telling his cats make themselves at home all over my property day after day.
Went in for physical therapy this morning and while the exercises are mostly isometric in nature, a couple of them were terribly hard to do.  Pushing against the wall with my arms about 18" apart sent me through the roof.  Therapist said the surgeon wrote in my chart that she thought I had Cervical Spondylosis with Myelopathy of the neck.  Hmmm...now I'll have to go google that.  I've known something was wrong because I've gone months with no improvement in upper arm and bicep pain.

I ran a couple of quick errands after my p/t.  I planned on going by the Vern Burton Center in the middle of town as they were having some kind of event for the homeless.  Booths with stuff for sale, I think. Anyhow, there wasn't any parking to be had so I gave up.

Watched a movie on Netflix last night called 'The Iceman.'  I don't know why I even watched it all the way through.  Was about a mafia hitman who killed over 100 people. (true story)  I found it interesting that his wife and kids had no clue whatsoever.

Well, I think I'll go browse Pinterest now.  I need help making breakfast burritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment