My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, March 14, 2014

End of the week

Not all that much to write about today.  Just got back from picking up Maddie at a friend's house across town.  The road I turned on was across the street from your old place, Linda F -- so I took a picture for you.
We have a variety of weather today.  Sunshine, wind, rain, then sunny again.  I managed to do a load of laundry, whip up a bowl of jello, and do my exercises.  And that's about all.  I have started work on the blanket I'm making for Ruth and I'll finish it up this weekend.  Slept in the recliner all night although I did try the bed since I had a new memory foam pad to try out.  Sure is aggravating to have your body flare up when you lay down.  Gotta get that fixed.

I may post on my Leader blog later today.  Have got a subject in mind but have to think on it some more.  Watched 'Inside Llewyn Davis' on MGo tv last night.  It was pretty good but nothing to get excited about.

Another picture I got in an email to share....

And a note on weddings....

In rural England, a joining-of-hands ceremony called handfasting informally married a couple for year and a day, after which they could wed for good or try another trial run. Sometimes the hands or wrists were tied in the ceremony, giving us the phrase “tie the knot.”

Saw a segment on the Today show this morning demonstrating spring cleaning tips for the bathroom and kitchen.  Made me feel like I really need to scrub down the house.  Mainly dealt with the refrigerator, under the sink, the microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal, range, shower, toilet and sinks.  I told Maddie I'd pay her if she came over to help some weekend day.  Way more than I think my shoulder could manage right now.

Irritated me the way the woman had to talk fast to get all the tips shared in her small allotted time.  If it's a story about some wayward star acting like a jackass, they seem to give those episodes a whole lot of air time. Way more than they deserve.  Too bad I'm not running the show, I would fix things in a hurry!


No comments:

Post a Comment