My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mid week

Well, it's been a halfway productive day, sort of. I managed to get my jigsaw puzzle done. Man, was it a fun one!
I'm going to stop puzzles for a while  as I need to get back into sewing and genealogy projects.  Did my exercises twice today already; mainly because I've been so dang sore and uncomfortable.  I know p/t isn't suppose to fix things overnight but I still wonder if it's supposed to be this painful.  Maybe.  Okay. I'll shut up on that subject.  I may try Linda Farina's chiropractor in April as p/t will be finished next week.

I've always liked talk shows, for the most part.  Mike Douglas was good. Phil Donahue was entertaining.  Oprah was good most of the time, depending on her lineup for that day.  Going way back, I liked Groucho Marx's 'You bet your life.'  Also Art Linkletter's 'House Party.'  I don't remember now what show it was (Beat the Clock maybe?) although that doesn't sound right.  Truth or Consequences?  Anyhow, the task this guy had to perform to win the big prize was to put together a huge jigsaw puzzle. He could get all the people he wanted to help him but he had to get it done before the week was up.
The catch was they mixed up several boxes of puzzles.  Can't remember how many now?  Ten perhaps. A lot.  I don't know why that has always stayed in my mind. Perhaps because he wasn't able to complete it.

The neighbor's cat (the one who goes up on my roof hoping to get closer to my birds) plopped herself down in front of my sliding glass door yesterday.  Just sat there looking in at me.  Guess she wanted to know what I was doing.  ha ha

I got some interesting mail today.  A jury summons for Clallam County at the end of May.  Sometimes I really hope I'll get picked but it all depends on how I'm feeling at the time.  I don't relish sitting in the courtroom for hours and then being dismissed or having the lawyers settle out of court.  If you're gonna make me be a jury member, it better be something good!  I was dismissed several years ago at a drunk driver trial in PT. Probably because I was asked what my favorite movie was and I said 'Thunder Road.'  ha ha

I thought I was going to have to make a dentist appt. a couple days ago.  When Joanne, Linda, and I left Red Robin Restaurant on Monday, I noticed a horrible looking "thing" on my upper gum.  No amount of picking at it or brushing my teeth would remove it so I figured it was some kind of infection. Didn't look or feel like a cankor sore but it troubled me.   After brushing my teeth the following day, out came a piece of lettuce from my Red Robin burger.  ha ha ha ha ha  Boy, was I happy.  And yet...why wouldn't that bugger dislodge itself from my gum?  Life is full of surprises.

I'm making a real effort to correct my posture as I sit these days.  Hard to change lifelong habits. I started by removing my comfy computer chair and replacing it with a kitchen chair.  I found the arms on the first chair were allowing me to slouch lower and lower as I got involved on some website.  Now I sit and force myself to straighten up if I feel the shoulders sagging. From this to that...at least for the time being.



Guess I'd better get up and get moving now. I've found my slump period is between 3 and 6, and I really need to see about taking a quick recliner nap.  Good Grief!  I really need to get out. These blog posts are getting so dreary even I can hardly stand to read them sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment