My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Better Today

I don't want to get my hopes up but too late..I've got my hopes up.  Was able to stay in my bed all night.
Still had shoulder/neck pain but.....it wasn't so intense that I had to move to the recliner.  I pray this means the chiropractor fixed something.  Yesterday (especially in the morning) was so painful, I sunk into depression for a few hours.  I seemed to improve a little as the day progressed and while I'm not at 100%, I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel.  After 8 months...I'm ready!  Got to think positive.

Saw Fleetwood Mac on the Today show this morning.  I sure do love Stevie Nicks' voice.  Who doesn't?  Funny thing is, I never paid them much attention when they were at their highest popularity (must have been in my country stage of life) but after they retired, I discovered their music and was a huge fan.  Happened to surf the channels a bit last night and came upon an American Idol contestant singing a Stevie Nicks' tune. She was good!

Watched two episodes of Dexter on Netflix last night.  I wanted to watch a third but it was already 11:30 and Jimmy Smits had been killed off and that was all I needed. Netflix has about 96 episodes available and I'm on #35.  Easy to get hooked on these shows when there are no commercials and the writing is good.

I spent a little time trying to find genealogy data I wanted (for free) online but I finally gave it up and decided to sign up for ancestry.com.  I only paid for the monthly subscription as I think I can find what I want in that time frame.  They may have lowered their price as I thought it used to be $30 a month. Still cheaper if you go for six months or a year but I've got other projects in the works too so a month is sufficient for now.

I'm getting older too... my favorite line in this song...




No comments:

Post a Comment