My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, March 15, 2014

What a time waster!

I didn't curl my hair yesterday.  It's become so thin, I often wonder why I bother at all.  Well, I bother because I have to make an attempt once in a while to look even halfway presentable.  I didn't feel like fixing my hair yesterday.  My baseball cap is handy for when I have to go out and allow people to get a look at me.

I got to thinking....maybe I should try curlers again.  I bought two types a few months back but I must have donated them back to Serenity House or Goodwill because I spent the better part of an hour searching my closets, drawers, and garage for that plastic bag of curlers, and I can't put my hands on them.  Meanwhile, I managed to discover other odds and ends I'll probably never use and should have discarded instead of the curlers.  If that's what I did with them.

I guess I'll just pull out the mousse and heat up the curling iron to see if I can't improve the sight I see when I pass by a mirror.  I don't have any plans on going out today but I am going public on Monday.  Will drive into Port Townsend for the CZ/PTPC retirement luncheon at Roadhouse Twenty.  They're always fun and a good place to see familiar faces and take pictures.  Also plan on taking a few of my Town Kid books in the hope of selling one or two.  I really need to step up the marketing on them.

I plan on finishing Ruth's blanket today but that's about it.  Maybe I'll make a quick library run.  Hmmmm.... St. Patrick's Day is on Monday. Guess I'd better look over my clothes and see what green I can come up with for my Monday lunch.  I do have this goofy looking green hat I could wear. That might take care of the hair problem, to some degree.

I got a piece posted on my Town Kid blog in the Leader yesterday.  About the Rhody Parade. You need a subscription to read a lot of the paper these days but the blogs are still free.

www.ptleader.com
click on blogs at the top and scroll to Town Kid  (Handy Dandy Pickup Trucks)

Here's another picture from an email(click to enlarge)

and the latest on wedding notes...

Newlyweds were supposed to drink honey wine for one full moon cycle after their wedding—hence the term honeymoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment