My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sigh....

I've got to work harder at looking on the bright side.  Most of the time, I manage halfway okay on that front, but.....there are days.....

I tried calling the chiropractor today to make sure it's alright for me to be this dang sore.  On a scale of 1-10, I'm at 9-1/2. Unfortunately, their office is closed until tomorrow. He did do some major manipulation on my neck and back so I assume this is normal.  I'm think I'm a little better now at 2 pm than I was at 8 am.  Not getting a good nights' sleep is catching up with me. I knew it would sooner or later.  Still waiting to hear from the hospital about scheduling an MRI. Not that I'm all that excited at the prospect.  If I had a choice of MRI or pap smear or dentist appt, I'd pick the dentist or the stirrups anytime.

Law and Order Criminal Intent is on tv right now but I'm probably going to have to change the channel. The star of that show drives me crazy the way he reads his lines.  Kind of like William Shatner.  I watched two movies rented at Red Box yesterday.  The Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle.  I didn't like either one of them.  Like Gravity, they were nominated for best picture oscar.  Why, I'll never understand.  They were terrible!

Philomena and 'Her' are the last two movies to see that were nominated for best picture.'Her' doesn't  sound that interesting but I definitely want to see the Judi Dench flick.  'Noah' with Russell Crowe also looks like something I'd like to see.

I've been watching Dancing with the Stars each season although in past years, I would usually tape it and watch the next night so I could bypass the commercials and the stupid comments from the judges. I guess I'm a prude (although I don't think so since I love The Sopranos and Dexter and Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad and Orange is the New Black) but I do get weary of seeing all the female dancers with their boobs hanging out all the time.  I know it's probably the best part of the show for the guys but still....enough already!

Sometimes I think about the old tv shows of my youth and wonder if I would still tune in for reruns today.  Some of them maybe.  I still like Barney Fife and Beaver and Little House and the Waltons. I wouldn't mind seeing Queen for a Day, Art Linkletter's House Party, Beat the Clock, Captain Midnight,and Life of Riley.  I'll have to look over YouTube again as I know some of these old shows can be watched there.

Hunter and Maddie go to the high school this evening for an orientation and tour for next year when they'll attend as freshman.  Doesn't seem possible.  How many grandparents have uttered those words over the years.

Well, gotta get to research on genealogy again.  I suspect I'm going to have to sign up for ancestry.com before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment