My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Stayin' in today

It's wet and rainy but I don't really mind.  After pretty much loafing yesterday, I woke up this morning and got right to work.  I put my pjs in the bottom three drawers of a dresser and all my sweat pants in a bin in the closet.  I had them stored the other way around but found I was rummaging for pajamas so much, I only had a bungled mess.  I moved a few odds and ends in various rooms like lamps, knickkacks, tables, blankets, chairs, etc.  I don't think I really overdid it but my right shoulder is aching like a son-of-a-gun now and I plan on taking it easy the rest of the day.

I've got my fingers crossed that my Tuesday doctor appt will be the start of getting to the bottom of whatever is wrong with my neck and shoulders.  Not only are both sides affected but the pain travels from one to the other on a daily basis.  I've also noticed that I'm weak when it comes to using my muscles.  I was reminded of that this morning when I picked up this floor lamp to move it from the office to the back bedroom. I needed two hands to carry it, and even then I was struggling.  Before my fall, I was moving that particular lamp with ease --- and one handed.

I also can't carry heavy bags from Safeway to my car anymore.  Not that long ago, I was as strong as an ox and could unload my car in one trip slinging bag handles over both arms.  These days, I'm making several trips back and forth.  I just don't get it.  I refuse to blame it on the fact that I'm 70 years old. You don't just become weaker because you enter a new decade age wise.

I'm going to have to find my iron-on patches today.  Noticed my favorite Mickey Mouse t-shirt has a hole in it and I refuse to throw it away as it's one of my favorites.


Another favorite is my 'Office and a Gentleman' shirt but I'll have to lay off the brownies if I ever expect to get into that shirt again.  I have more than one t-shirt stashed away waiting for me to drop the blubber.  I wish I knew how to make them into a quilt.  My very favorite quilt of all is the one my sister-in-law, Lill, made of my Rhody Run shirts.

The most interesting news story I heard yesterday was about that 3-year-old boy who fell out of a third-story window.  Apparently, this couple who were moving into the apartment (or maybe out?) had got stuck in the elevator for a half hour.  Later, when they were moving their mattress and bed spring, they saw the boy teetering up above and ran over with their mattress to break his fall in case he fell.  They saved his life being there with that mattress.  Can't help but wonder what God has planned for that kid.

Guess I'll get busy around here now.  Which basically means I'm going to sit here and surf the net.  I'm gungho to get going on my genealogy research.  First, though, I need to wash my hair and try to make it presentable in case somebody shows up at my door.  Selfies aren't my thing as you can tell....


No comments:

Post a Comment