My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I scare easily

I was walking through the bedroom this morning and jumped when I saw this on the floor...
What's even more pathetic is that I took a picture of myself holding it.  I did think twice about posting my puss up here as it makes me look HOW I LOOK!  (hee hee)
It's embroidery thread.

Oh my, I do believe I just saw a gold finch near the feeders hanging from the roof.  At least it certainly looked yellow as she flew off.  I hope that means they're coming.  I have noticed an awful lot of bird activity this week.  Loud noisy geese honking as they fly over in their V formation, hummingbirds coming often for the nectar, robins in both the front and back yards, and some other birds (wrens?) that keep hanging around.

The sun is bringing all kinds of interesting stuff past my window.  Four teenagers just walked by; one on a skateboard and not one of them was dressed alike in any way.  Orange cap, black outfit, turquoise hood, very colorful.  Probably heading down to the alternative school.

I watched 12 Years a Slave last night on MGo tv.  I figured it would show up once the Oscars were over.  I had my reservations about watching it 'cause that kind of show upsets me.  And I wasn't let down. Very difficult flick to watch.  Just another reminder of how mean humans can be to each other. I'd be plenty pissed off if I was God.

I don't know if I would have voted it best picture.  It was a good movie, but you could tell a lot was left out by the way things moved along.  I've still got to see three movies that were nominated before I make up my mind but right now, I'm still leaning towards Nebraska.   I see Frozen is available on streaming now too so maybe I'll watch that tonight.

I went to physical therapy this morning and have two pages of exercises to do twice a day.  All of them are relatively easy but I'm sure they'll get harder as we go along.  I had another bad night so I think I'll try to catch a nap this afternoon.

Here's an email I got from Linda in Tennessee this morning about phone calls that computer techs have received.


Tech support: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: A white one.

******************************

Tech support: Click on the 'my computer' icon on to the left of the screen.
Customer: Your left or my left?

****************************

Customer: Hi, good afternoon, this is Martha, I can't print. Every time I try, it says, 'Can't find printer.' I've even lifted the printer and placed it in front of the monitor, but the computer still says he can't find it.

****************************

Tech support: What's on your monitor now, ma'am?
Customer: A teddy bear my boyfriend bought for me at the 7-11.

****************************

Customer: My keyboard is not working anymore.
Tech support: Are you sure it's plugged into the computer?
Customer: No. I can't get behind the computer.
Tech support: Pick up your keyboard and walk 10 paces back.
Customer: OK!
Tech support: Did the keyboard come with you?
Customer: Yes.
Tech support: That means the keyboard is not plugged in.

****************************

Customer: I can't get on the Internet.
Tech support: Are you sure you used the right password?
Customer: Yes, I'm sure. I saw my colleague do it.
Tech support: Can you tell me what the password was?
Customer: Five dots.

****************************

Tech support: What anti-virus program do you use?
Customer: Netscape.
Tech support: That's not an anti-virus program.
Customer: Oh, sorry... Internet Explorer...

****************************

Customer: I have a huge problem. A friend has placed a screen saver on my computer,
but every time I move the mouse, it disappears.

****************************

Tech support: How may I help you?
Customer: I'm writing my first email.
Tech support: OK, and what seems to be the problem?
Customer: Well, I have the letter 'a' in the address, but how do I get the little circle around it?

****************************
This one and the next are our personal favorites!
A woman customer called the Canon help desk with a problem with her printer.
Tech support: Are you running it under windows?
Customer: 'No, my desk is next to the door, but that is a good point. The man sitting in the cubicle
next to me is under a window, and his printer is working fine.'

****************************

And last but not least!
Tech support: 'Okay Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task
list in the middle of the screen.. Now type the letter 'P' to bring up the Program Manager.'
Customer: I don't have a P.
Tech support: On your keyboard, Bob.
Customer: What do you mean?
Tech support: 'P'......on your keyboard, Bob.
Customer: I'M NOT GOING TO DO THAT!

 and here's that clip on Ellen with the pizza guy...



No comments:

Post a Comment