My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday

Made a quick Walmart run this morning as I needed to pick up a prescription.  Decided to invest in a plant for the front garden area under my office window.  Pretty, don't you think?
                                                Amazing how plastic can look so real.

Mary tries to get Jacob to lay on his tummy when he's up but he's not that fond of it.  Yesterday, she discovered if she put a mirror in front of him, the whole scene is much more interesting for him.
I spent a couple hours this morning cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, etc. so I can spend the next two days just playing while Jake visits.

The mountain views here in Port Angeles sure are spectacular when the skies are clear.  I've been up here for about 12 years already and they still cause me to stop and try to take a photo.  I took a quick one this morning while at a light but all I got was my finger.

Saw this picture on Facebook this morning and it made me chuckle.  The guy on the left is a neighbor we had in Kirkland back in the late 60's, early 70's. His wife died and this is his new wife (also named Judy) and they're on vacation in Italy.  It looks to me like the gondolier guy is smoking a cigarette and talking on a cell phone.  hee hee

Think I'll wander out to the frontroom and take a nap now.  I don't know how naps became such a vital part of my daily routine but it's there.

And here's a video I saw on the news that made me laugh out loud...

No comments:

Post a Comment