My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Gray Wet Sunday

Man, am I ever tired today.  Just couldn't seem to get any energy jump started at all.  I know it's because I'm not sleeping well and I can only hope that the reason why can be fixed pretty soon.  I'm counting on it.

I did manage to hem a pair of pants and make a lap blanket but that was it.  I tried to nap a couple times but either the phone woke me up or my neck and shoulders did.  Finally said the hell with it and decided to run to Safeway and find something easy for supper.  I had to talk myself into going out 'cause all I wanted to do was loaf but I knew I didn't want to cook either.

I smelled Chinese food as soon as I walked in their doors so I headed over to the deli and ordered the supreme combo.  Now I have enough for two dinners. My fortune cookie read: Treat yourself to something of quality. You deserve it. (I figured that was God telling me to eat Chinese)  ha ha ha

Last Monday when Linda, Joanne, and I went over to visit Ruth in Poulsbo, Joanne had her Ipad (gotta get one of those) and she put in the address of where we were going.  I do enjoy that GPS feature we have these days.  We had a lot of fun with Suri (the lady telling us where to go).  Joanne would be talking and Suri would interrupt to tell us to turn right.  Pretty soon Joanne was telling her to shut up and let her talk.  Later at the restaurant, Linda wanted to see the App of Talking Tom so Joanne downloaded it on my phone and we played around with that.  (we'd say something and it would repeat it back)  I swear we were like little kids with a new toy.  Out in the parking lot, we started asking Suri questions...(cause Joanne said we could ask her anything).  We asked things like:  When is my birthday, how much do I weigh... and then we'd giggle when Suri replied "I'll have to think about that and get back to you or....I don't find a Joanne in Poulsbo.   Good fun.


I did get to Skype with Mary for a few minutes.  Took a picture (cause I'm corny)
Not much of interest on TV tonight so I'll probably continue with watching episodes of Dexter on Netflix. Here's three more pics I got in an email a while back.  Love stuff like this.



I've never cared all that much for Letterman but I do like this 1985 interview with two of my favorite singers.




And here's a fun Muppets video using one of my favorite songs (Everybody's Talking)

No comments:

Post a Comment