My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday Morning in March

I've still got one clock to set forward but I need to bring in the step stool to reach it. It's such a nuisance to do the clock settings twice a year.  Course it wouldn't be that hard if I just had a couple but I've got one in my bedroom, one in my bathroom, one in the front room, one in the car, one on my watch, one on my microwave, one on my electric range, two tvs, and two vcrs.  Although I'll have to check one of the tvs.  Seems like it takes it upon itself to remember.  Thankfully, my computer doesn't bother me with details as he remembers on his own.

I had one heck of a bad shoulder/neck day yesterday.  Not sure why it was so severe but think perhaps it was the latest session of physical therapy.  Usually, it's just one side at a time that flares up but yesterday I was treated to a dual challenge.  I was dreading going to bed because it usually gets worse but I finally gave it up around 10.  Didn't take long to realize that bed wasn't an option so I came out to the recliner.  Am going to head there again tonight.

I didn't do exercises yesterday 'cause it hurt too much but taking a break didn't seem to help so I'm going to proceed full steam ahead this morning.  My ears are ringing and I'm feeling a tad dizzy but I assume that's just the ole sinuses wanting to get in the game too.  I'm sure my body parts discuss among themselves who is going to have the upper hand at making fat Joyce suffer the most today.

I always wonder what my brain has been up to when I wake up from very colorful  dreams. Port Townsend was the locale last night.  I was up on the S-curve for part of it and the courthouse could be seen. I was also on the beach.  Ladies riding bright green bicycles were coming down the S-curve and heading towards the Safeway parking lot where a big convention was going on.  Some of the women didn't have bikes and were walking in high heels carrying several hat boxes. They kept falling down.  There were also vintage cars racing recklessly along the flats and it was remarkable how many people showed up.  It went on and on but I won't bore you with it now.

Perhaps the PT scenes showed up because I saw several pictures on Facebook that I liked and got to talking with the guy who took them.  His page is "Port Townsend after Dark". Below are some of my favorites that he's taken. He gives pedal taxi tours and tourist street tours among other things.  Geoff Gardner is his name and I love his pictures.



My brother and his ex-wife, Kris, and her husband, Bill, dropped in yesterday. Les lent me some of his Rolling Stone CDs so I can copy them on my computer.
                                        Bill, me, and Kris (they live on Marrowstone Island)
                                                                Les, me and Kris


Sun is shining but weatherman says the rains will continue for a few days.  I plan on taking it easy after I finish my exercises and work on my jigsaw puzzle in progress.  Am listening to an audio book at the same time --Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence.  Kind of a weird story and I'm not real sympathetic to the characters.

Gotta go out in the garage and wipe down my filthy car so I can see to drive tomorrow. I'm picking up Mary Norton at 9:30 and picking up Joanne and Linda at the visitors center on Beaver Valley an hour later.  Then we're off to Martha & Mary rehab in Poulsbo to see Ruthie.

Below is the latest picture I received of Jacob.

Later....
Just finished my exercises and suddenly it occurred to me why I'm dizzy, lethargic, and probably why I had such vivid dreams.  I pulled out an Oxycodon pill last night and it's a fairly strong drug.  I'd been saving them (from my knee pain days) in case I was having more substantial pain than I wanted to endure.  It did help me sleep (which I desperately needed) but now I'm in a bit of a fog and know driving is out of the question for the day.

Drugs can really mess you up sometimes. Still....there are those days when you're more than happy to have them in your medicine drawer.  At least I can quit beating myself up now because all I want is another nap.  I need to roll with it and forget that nonsense of keeping busy and active.  Everybody needs those days of laziness too.  I'll be active tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Joyce for sharing my pictures. I am glad my views of Port Townsend struck a chord with you.

    ReplyDelete