My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tired Tuesday

I was tired most of the day. Took a nap and slept for over an hour and a half in the recliner. Then I was REALLY TIRED! Decided to go for a walk to try and wake up.  These are the pictures I took along the way.
The view down the alley. The city road workers cut down a portion of the scotch broom all around the neighborhood.  Made it look even uglier than it was.  Sure would like to see the owner come in and clean up his property.
Saw this pile of dirt sitting on the trail that goes through these woods so I decided to walk in and see what the guys were doing.  Figured the tools nearby meant it was a legitimate project.
There are a couple or more trails within this block long stretch of woods and Jenni lives a couple blocks on the other side.  The kids (and me) are sometimes reluctant to walk through alone as it's kind of creepy in there and there have been signs of the homeless sleeping and making camps.

I noticed a plastic fence was being erected and then I came across the two guys working.
They said the area to the left was wetlands so they were leaving it be but all the rest would be taken down. He seemed surprised when I said good, glad to see it.

I think the walk did me good.  I was only out for 20 or 30 minutes and it started to rain after I got home.
I addressed a birthday card, posted on facebook, wrote an email, and gave Maddie a plate of brownies to take home when her and Jenni stopped in.  I had gone to the bank earlier to see if Jenni could copy some pages from Family Tree Magazine that I wanted.  Sure is hard to find a copy place around here. I think the library is the only spot outside of this one business downtown that I refuse to do business with.

Linda Farina called me from TN and said she was browsing through this old Reminiscence Magazine and was surprised to see a contribution from me.  Several years ago I sent in a story about my grandma's kitchen queen and how her twins played around it in the 20's and my grandchildren twins played around it in 2000.

Well, I can't get in the mood for cooking tonight so I guess I'll nuke a Marie Callendar supper.  Or maybe I'll make pancakes and have a breakfast supper.  I love breakfast for supper.  Tomorrow I'm going to straighten up the spare bedroom for Mary and Jake who arrive for an overnight on Friday. Think I'll set up a changing table too.

Saturday will be a good photo op as Mary, Jake, me, Jenni, Maddie, and Catie are all going out for Mexican lunch.  At least I assume it will be Mexican. That's Catie's favorite and it was her idea.

That helicopter crash in downtown Seattle certainly made the news.  Granted, it is newsworthy but my God, the hours they have spent repeating themselves on the event is overkill.  I noticed early on that the news lady on Kong Channel 6 was having a difficult time talking about it.  Come to find out later, she was upset waiting to hear who the pilot was.  The husband of her babysitter is a helicopter pilot. Wasn't him, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment