My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Eve Day

Gees, last day of 2013.  I just looked over the pictures  of noted people who died this year.  Always amazes me but then, that's what life is all about, I suppose.  It's 10:30 a.m. and I'm sitting in the kitchen finishing my morning cup of coffee.  Andy is watching wrestling,  Jake  is sleeping, and Mary's in the shower.  Kind of surprises me sometimes to realize how popular wrestling is to watch on television. I find myself watching once in a while but I usually start laughing within seconds and move on to something else. Those who enjoy it, though,  are avid fans.

I've definitely become aware that I'm the older generation as I observe the tv that M&A enjoy compared to what I like.  I like Alaska, the Last Frontier, Wheel of Fortune, 60 Minutes, among others and Andy likes ...well..other stuff.  ha ha

Another friend of Mary's brought over food yesterday.  It was wonderful!
                                               almond/orange  chicken breasts
                              roasted vegetables (Brussels sprouts, carrots, broccoli)
                                      rolls and the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had!

The vegetables were  so easy to fix and so delicious, I was reminded that I really need to make more of an effort fixing dinners for myself. Marie Callender is fine but I can't depend on that ole bag all the time.

Mary's office sent flowers yesterday too...
John & Penny stopped in for a few hours to meet Jake.  Penny's daughter, Shannon, and her twin daugthers, Kendall and Riley, also came.
I've got a friend coming by in an hour to take me to lunch in Issaquah. (Ann Robson/Judy Scott) I'll post a picture of us on FB and on here tomorrow.

Nothing much planned for New Years eve or day.  I did manage to get my photos all sorted on my laptop so I'm especially pleased about that.  Am  working on a knitted afghan now and jumping on my computer frequently to check email or read Facebook.

Ha Ha  I just glanced up at tv again to see what all the chanting and yelling was about.  I must remember to tune into wrestling when I need a good laugh.  You can't help but smile at the theatrics that  go on.  I wonder how those guys can keep a straight face.   I went to a wrestling match in Portland once (probably 1963) and I almost got hit by a flying chair.  One of the wrestlers threw it as he left the ring.

Here's another view of "the man"....

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful little baby! Wishing everyone much happiness and health.

    ReplyDelete