My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Break-up song

I found this video on YouTube while surfing around and thought it was pretty darn good. These guys can sing.  hee hee



Spent a little time cutting out quilt pieces again yesterday and the collection is growing. Think I'll take a break from that activity and start sewing them together.  I really love this one particular book I have because the pictorial and color directions help even the lamest quilter figure out how to make the pattern. Here's the quilt I made when I first started experimenting. Hunter (who doesn't miss much) asked me why three squares had dark blue material. I told him because I ran out of the light blue and I have a very limited color sense to start with.

I've been taping the Home and Garden channel a lot this week.  Easier to watch when you can zip through the "way too many commericals."  Love having them in reserve to fall back on.  I often turn on the tv in my bedroom as soon as I wake up.  If I have to listen to the latest details on Michael Jackson's lawyer, Lindsey Lohan's sentence, Kim Kardashion's separation, or Justin Bieber's sexual encounters, the set is usually turned off in disgust.

This morning they interviewed Star Jones on "what exactly is sexual harassment?"  GIVE ME A BREAK!  I can't hardly stand to listen to her in the first place.  Anyhow, the tv went off in a hurry. And yes, I used some bad words while doing it.

Well, I'm off to the kitchen now. Got an interesting picture in an email a few days ago from my old pal, Sharon Sofie.  I thought it would be fun to show a teenage picture of her and her boyfriend and how they look today. Honest to Pete, they make me SICK!  Aging gracefully is one thing but they've made me feel like I'm ....well......  old.  

No comments:

Post a Comment