My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rain comin' ...

What a voice Vince Gill  has.....    I love him.



Sitting here looking out the window and it's getting grayer by the minute.  Suspect rain is gonna commence soon.  I cut out a few more quilt pieces this morning and finished listening to an audio book I recommend highly---The Whistling Season by Ivan Doig.  Really really good!  About kids growing up in 1910 Montana and going to a one-room schoolhouse.  I loved it!

Virginia and I made a quick Walmart run and then stopped at KFC for lunch.  Ate it while sitting on the bluff watching the boats out in the bay.  Messy but yummy.

I came home and worked on my Christmas gift list and Christmas card list.  We're cutting back this year and except for the grandkids, I'm pretty much done.  Am giving homemade presents and other little odds and ends I've accumulated at yard sales, thrift stores, catalogs, etc.  I've got a pretty nice mix although I usually am uneasy giving my sewing productions away as I'm self conscious about my seamstress ability.

I finally got the six Christmas cards in the mail today that I sent for three weeks ago.  An artist in Hadlock so I don't know what the hold-up was.  I might frame each one (they're 5x7) and give as small gifts.  They kind of look like gnomes and while they have a Christmas theme, the background is Chetzemoka Park.

I looked over my Christmas card list and it numbered about 40 or so.  I'm playing with the idea of sending out greetings via email this year. Would certainly save on postage.  Still.....I always have liked sending cards so I'm thinking it over.  I may send Christmas postcards instead. I think I've already mentioned this but when I have nothing much to talk about, I have a tendency to repeat myself.  And on that note, I think I'll go take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment