My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Groceries...

Yep!  Nothin' much to talk about today if my subject line is groceries.  Something tells me you're not all that interested in what I bought.   But, this is my life, after all.  I thought about waiting until the kids got home to go grocery shopping but I knew it would be more crowded then and Maddie never seems to be all that interested in the expedition and asks to stay home.

Hunter likes to ride shotgun with me, though.  But then I'm often times an easy mark in the store.  Ha Ha  I ended up spending $133, which included three packages of meat.  Once I got home, I divided the meat up into smaller packages and probably got at least a dozen meals out of the purchase.  More than that really as three of the meat pkgs was stew meat and a pot of stew will last me at least three suppers.

I didn't actualy need half of what I bought but the kids will be excited when they get home and discover I bought all the stuff they like for after schoool snacks.  Juice, chocolate milk, pizza rolls, chicken nuggets, and doughnut holes.  Only saw one person I knew and that was at Walgreens on the way home.  (Darla, the kids other gramma--actually they have FOUR grammas!)

School lets out at 2 pm on Tuesdays and today will be especially exciting for them as they don't go back until next Monday. (teacher conferences and Veterans Day).

I did a little better on my morning walk than I did yesterday. At least I didn't feel like I might have to call 911 before I reached my doorstep again.  I know.  I'm such a drama queen.  I can't hardly stand to listen even to myself.  The pure joy that Sammy shows me EVERY SINGLE DAY when I show up to retrieve him is worth the discomfort I suffer to walk over there and back.  He either has short term memory loss or is sincerely happy I am there.  I choose to believe the latter. Ha!

Well, maybe I'll write more later if anything worth noting develops.  I may make a quick library run once the kids get home. I reserved two books that Kris Logue suggested.

And here's a really pretty rendition of Stand By Me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment