My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday

It's a little after 4 p.m. and for the last hour, I've suspected that I'm either catching a cold or am having allergies troubles.  Kind of leaning towards the latter, although usually when this comes upon me, it's first thing in the morning, not late afternoon.  I did do a tiny bit of dusting but certainly not enough to cause this much discomfort.  Took an Allegra (thank you Mary!) and squirted some Afrin up the old nose too.  Oddly, I seemed to get worse after taking those steps but maybe it's just my imagination.  My eyes are puffy and uncomfortable, and  I'm sneezing and dripping. On the plus side, I don't have a sore throat or earache or headache.  That usually signals nastier stuff on the way.

I was going to sew today but guess what...I didn't feel like it.  I left the house a little after 9 am to hit 5 or 6 craft bazaars, estate sales, and garage sales.  Only interested in the ones closer to my end of town.  Found a nifty shelf for Jenni at the first stop I made and then headed over to the Methodist Church.  Hunter called as I was pulling into the parking lot and asked if I was still going shopping. (I had mentioned it yesterday but didn't think they seemed interested)  He did want to go so I went back and picked him up.

I bought a few small items that I'll use for Christmas gifts.  Had on my PTHS alumni sweatshirt and one vender in the Senior Center told me she was an alumni too. Karen Bower of class of '66. I bought three skeins of yarn from her. 

Was back home by 11:30 and then I started doing little tasks here and there.  Framed up half a dozen cards I ordered for Xmas presents and that ended up taking a while because I had to clean the glass for each of them.

I kept watching my bird feeders hoping I'd see some action. I think I did see a couple by late afternoon so perhaps they'll spread the word. I did get out my bird book to try and figure out exactly what kind of bird I saw feeding out there but I never could ID it.  Was probably a sparrow of some kind.  Maybe a junco?

I did find out why my electric clock set itself back an hour? Hunter and Maddie had the same problem with theirs and they have clocks liked mine.  Jenni says they're programmed for changing to daylight savings time but got screwed up on one day to do it.
Well, I'm steadily going downhill with this dang sinus condition. Guess I'll head out to the other room and sit in the recliner and feel sorry for myself.  I'm really good at that. Maybe I'll just call it a day and get my jammies on.  Sometimes that makes you feel better.

Oh..and I added a new picture album on Facebook of snow pictures.  Just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment