My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Papa was a rolling stone...



I've always enjoyed watching the Temptations. Also interesting to see how individuals or groups evolve over time. I wish the dancers in front were featured more in this video. There's another on YouTube where the Temptations are performing on TV and you can see the audience sitting in the background with their backs straight and not moving a lick.  I know they were probably instructed to pose that way but I've always wondered how they could just sit there and not move with this group performing right in front of them.

I enjoy surfing around on YouTube looking for videos of music of the past. There's really a lot of good entertainment out there.  Oldies like Ivory Joe Hunter, Mary Wells, Bo Diddley, etc.

I just looked over the TV Guide lineup online to see if I could find anything today or tonight to tape. I'll probably record  the Music Awards so I can zip through everything I can't stand. There are a couple shows on PBS that interest me too. 'America in Primetime' showing at 8 pm and 'Women who Rock' showing at 12:30 a.m.  I see 'Officer and a Gentleman' is showing up after midnight.

I started watching the Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels on AMC Sunday nights and they're both pretty entertaining--although Walking Dead is a tad goulish at times. Last night I put a movie in the DVD that I had picked up somewhere. Maybe the library gift shop or a yard sale. Anyhow, it had a high rating on IMDB so I thought I would give it a try. Called 'The Descent'. It was from 2005 and OMG!  It scared me half to death. 

It kind of started out like Deliverance. Six women decide to go deep into the mountains of North Carolina to explore a cave.  I'm claustrophobic anyway so when they started getting stuck in these tiny crawl spaces, I was very uncomfortable.  Things went from bad to worse and I jumped several times.  Wanted to turn the damn thing off but I HAD TO SEE if they survived.  Definitely not a show for young kids as it would surely give nightmares for years to come.

I was disappointed that underground monsters were part of the storyline but it did make for one good horror flick.  I wanted something light and happy after that so I put in an Andy Griffith movie called 'Onionhead' that I had taped a while back.  It only lasted 15 minutes, however; way too corny.  Next came a movie I'd bought (at Serentiy House maybe?) called X-Files.  It had a very high rating on IMDB. One of the highest I've ever seen them rate a show.  I never watched X-Files on TV but now I'm thinking I probably should have.  This was a great movie.

 I'm going to try and stay off the computer today. I've got a book to finish listening to and quilt pieces to play around with. Am definitely not going outside. Looks way too cold. I checked my lotto tickets (I'm still a poor ole lady on social security) and I had to check the Leader website to see if my blog made the  'Most Viewed" box.  Thankfully, it did so now I can quit checking. 

I actually sat down in a chair to read yesterday. As I knew it would, it made me sleepy so I took a nap.  I'm hoping reading during the day will develop into a habit for me so I can start getting through some of the books on my shelves. Amazes me how many books I have and how many I haven't read.  Doesn't make sense but it is what it is.

I should try to do something with my hair as I look pretty darn dreadful this morning but it's doubtful anyone is going to show up at my door so I intend to stay ugly until bedtime. Tomorrow I guess I'll pull the frozen turkey out of the garage freezer and start defrosting the bird for Thursday supper.  Thanksgiving will be a good excuse for picture taking so I'll post some later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment