My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, November 4, 2011

I just don't get it!

I have one of those digital electric clocks in my bedroom that illuminates during the night so I can see exactly how the night is progressing everytime I turn over or get up to pee.  This morning the garbage truck woke me up coming down the alley and my clock said 6:20 a.m. I thought that was awfully early.  When I first moved in, that truck would lumber through anywhere from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.  Never could depend on it to be regular.  Anyhow, I have every other week pick-up so I knew I didn't need to worry that I hadn't set the can out the night before like I usually do.

I was puzzled, though, why he was so early this morning.  I got up and clicked on the TV and was surprised to see The Today Show in progress.  Odd.  They don't start until 7 a.m.  On further investigation of other clocks in the house, I discovered my bedroom clock (which is electric) was an hour off.  How can that be?  I distinctly remember it being the right time when I went to bed.  I always make note of what time I'm turning out the light.  Not sure why. Just another of my goofy habits.  I'm going to check that clock periodically today to see if it starts running slow although I've never heard of an electric clock losing time.

And that's about all I have for this morning. I'm going to surf a couple of websites I always visit, check to see if it's my turn to play scrabble with Vernie Colt on Facebook, and then head out to the kitchen to start sewing quilt pieces together and work on other projects.  I suspect I may try to take a nap before the kids get home from school too. 

Nothing much on my calendar all month except Thanksgiving, of course, and oh yeah....a pap smear next week. I'm especially looking forward to that.  Haven't had one in four years.  I think I'm meeting Mary or Catie next Thursday or Friday at Silverdale Mall so the twins can spend the weekend with Andy and Mary.  I'll have to think about what I need if I'm driving to the mall. I seldom ever go there to shop but if I'm gonna be in the neighborhood, I might as well make it worth my time.

Here's a fun video (which I may have posted before)  I could watch these guys for hours........

No comments:

Post a Comment