My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, November 27, 2011

The wrong side of the bed

I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Mainly because I got a horrible calf cramp (second day in a row) and was facing the window so I needed to exit the bed quickly on that side of the bed.  I had gotten one a couple hours before and put a couple of the leg cramp pills I have under my tongue but I don't they work all that well as I got another round at 6:15.  Way too early to be getting up on a rainy Sunday morning but oh well...this is my life.

As the pattern goes, I haven't been bothered with cramps for weeks and then wham boom, I'll have them for a day or two or three in a row.  I was out of magnesium and potassium pills so that made up my mind to venture out and replenish my supply. Picked up some bananas too.

It was pouring quite hard when I left the house at 8:30 but I was counting on Walmart being empty--and it was.  Still don't relish walking around that large of a store but then my foot pretty much dictates my walking distance these days.  I think I'm gonna have to make that foot doctor appt sooner than next month afterall.  Five months of limping around is long enough and I need to get it healed.

Before heading across town, I checked out my pantry for what else I might need in the way of groceries. I planned on making turkey enchilladas this afternoon and I was pleased to find a can of sauce on the shelf.  A few minutes ago, I pulled out all the ingredients I need and wouldn't you know--I can't find that can of enchillada sauce.  I was so positive I had seen it earlier that I started searching the house thinking I must have set it down elsewhere.  After going through the pantry twice and even checking the fridge, freezer, and bathrooms, I finally gave up in disgust.  I must have only thought I saw a can of sauce.  Hate it when that happens.  I think what I hate the most is that I can't just let it go and continue on to something else. I have to search and search and search some more convinced it's right under my nose and I'm not seeing it.  When I finally give up, I'm mad at myself for wasting all that time. 

Either my eyes were playing tricks on me or I'm just losing it altogether.  Maybe I dreamed it.  I did take a 40-minute nap in my recliner this afternoon but I guess I didn't go under far enough as I'm still yawning and wondering how I'm going to stay awake tonight.

Last night I started reading a book instead of watching tv.  Much to my surprise, I was able to get through half of it.  Would have liked to have continued on but my eyes got tired and I started nodding off.  Just another side effect of the aging process, I suppose.  Damn nuisance!

I spent  a couple hours or so listening to another audio book and it's a pretty good one. Called Family History.  I seem to get more sewing done if the book is interesting. I made pretty good progress on several quilt squares.  And that was about the extent of my activity today. Yesterday I posted on my Leader blog and tomorrow I may wrap a few Christmas presents and continue sewing.

You can read my other blog at http://www.ptleader.com/
click on blogs at the top, scroll to Town Kid, and click on "Hey Kids! What time is it?"

Sure is looking like a dark winter night. I think I'll close the blinds as it can get a tad depressing sometimes.  Now I have to search the kitchen and try to find something that appeals to me for dinner. Nothing comes to mind except maybe my boyfriend coming over and taking me out to a nice restaurant. I can't see that happening, though, since I can't remember my boyfriend's name. Ha Ha  Maybe I'll go visit Marie Callendar out in the garage freezer. At least she's easy.

Condolences to my cousins in Gig Harbor who lost their mother to cancer shortly before midnight on Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment