My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday evening

Dinner is simmering on the range top (leftover stew and dumplings) so while I wait, I think I'lll write a few lines. Maddie is practicing her clarinet, Hunter is working a jigsaw puzzle, Sammy is moping around hoping he'll get some of that stew, and I'm wondering how long I'll be able to stay awake tonight.

Woke up at 5:30 and decided I'd get up even though I knew it meant I'd be ready for bed by 9 tonight.  I did try to take a little nap before the kids got home but my mind was busy thinking about what jobs needed doing so I got up after a half hour.

Since it wasn't raining or blowing I went outside to cover up the two outside faucets with the strofoam cups.  That meant unhooking the hoses and that's always a little hard for me.  I managed, though, and then put away all the hoses on both sides of the house.  Stuck them in garbage cans and pulled them to the garage.  Also wheeled in the hose cart and put away the wheelbarrow and pieces of glass or decoration around the yard that I thought might not survive freezing weather.

Temperature gauge says 37 degrees.  I'm comforted that I don't have to travel back and forth to work.  Snow and ice predictions always had a way of stressing me out when I knew I had to commute even a short distance to the office.

I spent the morning working on my latest blog post for the Leader website. Wrote on Sunday school memories.  Then I sat down and wrote a few lines on the 70 some postcards I had addressed for Christmas cards this year.  I'll stick them in the mail Dec. 1st I suppose.

This weekend I'll probably lay low and do some sewing and reading. Sometimes retirement is just too much to take.  Ha!

Timer is about to go off so I'll cut this short today.

No comments:

Post a Comment