My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, November 12, 2011

That Darn Wind!

I think I kind of knew when I was building my bird feed area with pots surrounding it that the poles just weren't gonna stay up being braced with rocks. One good storm and I'd be out there "fixing stuff."  And that was the case this morning.  I saw half a dozen crows helping themselves to the suet  I had hung on the back gate.  Since it wasn't raining or blowing, I put on a pot of coffee and went outside to repair the damage.

I tried and tried to get those stakes into the ground along the fence but it was no go.  Just too hard and too many rocks.  So.....I moved them back by the little fruit trees Wayne and Hunter had helped me plant a few months back.
I slept until almost 8 this morning.  I needed it too as I haven't been getting enough rest the last couple of nights or so.  My 'pneumonia shot arm' is finally healing.  Still hurts but not near as much as it did the last two days.  I'm rethinking if I really need to get a tetanus booster. My body hurts enough as it is without bringing in outside help.

I often have The Waltons playing on tv while I'm busy sewing or working in the kitchen.  I could watch their reruns forever.  Same with Little House on the Prairie. I never get tired of them.  Yesterday's episode was one of my favorites.  John's 25th high school reunion.  I usually remember all the lines of all the shows, for the most part, but yesterday I heard a name mentioned I hadn't caught before.  One of the organizers of the reunion was fretting to John Walton that he needed to help her plan the event because some people were coming from as far away as Manchester, TN.  That made my ears perk up as I thought of Mel and Linda Farina.

Later that night I watched two movies I'd taped and set aside for viewing later.  First one was Love Story from 1970.  Was interesting to see some of the actors in their younger days--like John Marley who was the guy who owned the prize horse in Godfather and found the head in his bed.  And Tommy Lee Jones who was a dorm roommate of Ryan O'Neal. Tommy Lee (who is another favorite) was 24 in this movie. His birthday, by the way, is Sept. 15, 1946.
The second movie was Jon Voight and Jane Fonda in a 1978 flick called 'Coming Home.'  Jon Voight is so cute.  I've loved him since he played Joe Buck in Midnight Cowboy.  I enjoyed the movie a lot. Partly, I guess, because the story line took place in a time period I lived through.

Well, I just checked my mega ticket and while I didn't win big, I did hit $10 so I guess I'll go cash it in and buy another ticket for the week.  Maybe I'll invest in a super ball ticket this time. Gonna have to win bigger pots if I expect to get all my family and friends out of debt.  Ha!

Gotta check my cookbook for ingredients too. I'm kinda in the mood for enchilladas tonight. My weekend activities are gonna be about the same---sewing and reading and writing.  Gotta live it up the next couple of days 'cause Monday and Tuesday are not likely to be anything worth reporting on.  Ugh.....I'll be mighty happy when it's Tuesday noon or thereabouts.

And while I didn't like a lot of the CMA award show, it did have some pretty good parts too. Here's one....Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland with Matt Nathanson

No comments:

Post a Comment