My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, November 21, 2011

Thrift shop buys

Made a quick Safeway and post office run early this morning and decided to go to Serenity House and see if I could find a little Thanksgiving decoration.  Their Christmas room was open and music was playing so I wandered in. Bought three cute tins for putting cookies/candy in and the following items.

Dollar grab bag of little ornaments for the tree or packages.



 Two pilgrims for 40 cents.
 Cute Snowman wreath for $2
 Snowmen window decals that stick really really well
 This is a runner I made today but I don't really like the color scheme. My little projects are usually from pieces I've just pulled out of bins so there isn't a real color design in place. Still I suppose it's good enough for a dresser or table.  Maybe.  I probably should just keep going and make a quilt instead.
Got a Thanksgiving card and picture from Mary Gaboury in Yuma. I wanted to see her place but I'll have to write again and tell her I want a street scene.

Took my turkey out of the freezer this morning but it's still hard as a brick so I guess I'll let the ole bird sit out tomorrow in a sink of water.  Always hard to tell when to start defrosting.

Having a terrible knee day for some reason.  I wonder if it's because of the rain.  Just sitting at the sewing machine or in my recliner and WHAMMO!  Sharp pain shooting through the side of my knee.  A few days ago it was the other knee.  I guess? it's arthritis.  At any rate, it's just another reminder that the body is aging and there isn't a blasted thing I can do about it.  Whine whine whine.....

Well, gotta check out the tv lineup and see what I need to watch and what I need to tape. Maddie wants on the computer so I'd best tootle.....


No comments:

Post a Comment