My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Draining Day

So sappy happy that my little procedure is done and over with.  Extremely glad I did it because it was hanging over my head like a dark cloud.  The "prep" last night (the hardest part to deal with) wasn't actually as bad as I remembered the one of 2001.  I did discover that I can run if I have to--and I did have to. Twice I didn't run fast enough--but we won't go there!

Jenni picked me up at 7:30 this morning  but I had to sit for 45 minutes in registration (I think everybody in that room was annoyed with that fact) but once I was in my room, things went quickly.  Nice nurses, nice doctor, nice drugs.  Jenni was in my room waiting for me afterwards and said the doctor came in and discussed the whole thing with me (and her) and said all looked well.  He told her I wouldn't remember the conversation and she was right.  Even though we talked back and forth (Jenni said I made the comment that I was really concentrating hard to remember)--I don't remember a thing.

When we got out to her car, she realized she'd left her lights on and we had a dead battery. Wayne wasn 't too terribly far off so he came with jumper cables and she continued with the drive home.  I don't remember that either.  I came in and crawled in bed about 10ish and slept hard without waking up until 1 p.m.  Had a gassy tummy for a few hours and an ongoing headache but I'm sure things will get better with time.

I was surprised my blood pressure was so high on the operating table. Began at 160/108.  It was only about 130/72 a few days ago.  They told me that was normal (even though I didn't actually feel that stressed; I suppose I was)

I quit eating about 8 pm on Sunday night and didn't eat again until 2 pm Tuesday.   I didn't really feel hunger but I did daydream in bed last night about what I was going to fix for lunch today.  And the scale said I lost 4 pounds so I guess that verifys what we've all known--I'm full of shi....!

Well, it's almost 7 pm and Jenni and Maddie should arrive shortly. Maddie had campfire girls at 5:30 so Jenni had to stay at work to pick her up rather than drive clear across town. Hunter is feeling a little under the weather, I think. Probably catching a cold from the sound of him. 

I'm going to continue sewing tomorrow and work on my Christmas postcards.  Here's my four spools that I made into a wall hanging.

Gotta get out my VHS tapes for recording tonight. Sons of Anarchy is on for 90 minutes but not until 10 pm. Too late for me.  Also want to see a Gospel music show on the country station.

No comments:

Post a Comment