My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, April 30, 2012

3 years ago....

                               Marcella and Dad having lunch at Bayview in Port Townsend

My father died on this day three years ago.  Recalling certain dates because of personal events that took place is always a grim reminder that life passes quickly.  Just for the heck of it, I looked over various diary notations for April 30. I didn't always write in my diary with regularity so there wasn't much to read. Most interesting entry was "last day of work at the mill in 2002" and "went on the PT Homes Tour in 1977."  Gees, 35 years since I've done a homes tour. I'll have to think about doing it again.

I just tinkered around yesterday. Did a Leader blog written and made one small button board. Gonna try a second one this afternoon.  I also got in a half hour bike ride adn will try to repeat that today. Otherwise, I plan to work on my family history project and work at cleaning up computer files.  My photos are way out of control and I may never gain the upper hand again.  At least they're on my external hard drive but still...... they need a lot of work.

Came across some of old Rhody parades which I think I'll post on my Facebook page.  I thought I had already done that but perhaps not.  I also need to get to work on my music collection in Itunes.  My son helped me replace my tunes but now I have triple songs and need to delete two of them. That will take a while as there are close to 6000 songs listed.   Oh well...this is just the type of project that keeps me happily occupied.

Saw some pictures on Facebook of one of my half sisters in Pennsylvania.  They were at an event to remember her daughter that was murdered in February of 2004.  The body has never been recovered. What a horrible thing to have to live through.

                                       Pauline is pictured here with her daughter and two sons.

Well, I'm off to the post office to mail off three books. Think I'll make a quick run to the library as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment