My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, April 30, 2012

Button Boards

I made three button boards this week.  The first one was kind of hard but then I figured out what I was doing wrong and the second two went together easily.  It was kind of fun too.  I've still got a lot of buttons so I may make some more. Have to scout around for suitable frames in second hand stores.  Think I'll keep my eyes peeled for buttons too.  They're mighty expensive to buy new. I've already posted one but I'll do it again so you can see my progression. 




I made a stop at the library this morning but they didn't have either of the books I was interested in. I have to remember to check the computer before I drive all the way over there. Much easier to see if a book is in or available.  They let you know if it's in the P.A. library, or Sequim or Forks. Then you can reserve it and they'll send you an email when it's arrived.  I love computers.

I  mailed off three books and had to fill up on gas.  Safeway was way too busy so I drove to another station.  The guy even offered to come out and pump it for me.  I said that was okay but he came out anyhow and stood there until it was done and then hung up the pump for me.  I wonder if he was hitting on me.  Ha ha  Yeah, I bet that was it.  He wanted me.  But then again...maybe not.  He was probably young enough to be my son and I think he was from India or one of those places across the water.

Hunter about died laughing at the dinner table tonight.  Him and Maddie were seated at the table and I came over and managed to dump over my glass of water with ice cubes all over the table and Maddie's plate with mashed potatoes on it.  Hunter couldn't stop laughing. I'll have to try and spill on his plate next time and see if he still thinks it's funny. 

I was awake every two hours last night.  Knew that would happen with the water I was downing all day hoping to avoid another leg cramp spasm.  I think I'll tape Dancing with the Stars, watch Mad Men that I taped last night, and then head off to bed to read for a while.

Happened to call my friend, Virginia, today as she's been having health issues and I wondered if she was on the mend.  She told me she had to go to the hospital last week after the aid car came to her house.  She said she would have had someone take her in a car had she known what a ONE MILE trip was going to cost her.  And it may have  been less than a mile.  $800!  This is what is wrong with our health system in this country.  What a Friggin! ripoff!  Makes me mad all over again and it isn't even my money.  She also pays a hefty amount for prescription insurance on top of her supplemental insurance and medicare.  I swear to God if I ever hit it big on one of my mega tickets, I'm helping all my friends pay for their medical.





No comments:

Post a Comment