My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, April 9, 2012

And here comes Monday

Had a great dinner at Jenni and Wayne's yesterday.  Tossed salad, mac & cheese, and pulled pork.  I don't know why food always tastes better at other peoples' houses.  She cooked the pork roast in the crock pot with a little garlic and bbq sauce.  Cooked it down and then just pulled it apart with a fork and added a tad more bbq sauce.  It was wonderful.  My daughters (granddaughter too) are all  better cooks than I am.  They must get it from their dad.  He was always a better cook than me too. 

Wayne had gone mushroom hunting yesterday. (Jenni won't eat them). She said he'll saute them up and enjoy to his hearts' content.
Here's a picture I took on the way over to Jenni's house. That's the fairgrounds on the left and a ball field by the flag. I come upon this scene as I wind up the gravel road behind my house heading over towards Jenni's neighborhood.  I stop and look at it everytime.
And here's the picture I took when I got back home after supper.

Someday there will be houses built on that whole block of scotch broom.  If my house had 3 or 4 levels, I'd probably have a water view from this hill.  The paper mill is right over this a few miles down.

I decided to get busy on another sewing project. I was slow getting started and kept getting sidetracked. Finally realized I didn't have any fusing paper so I jumped in the car to run over to Joanne Fabrics.  Was mad at myself for not calling first as they were closed.  I drove a few miles further and picked up what I needed at Walmart.  Came home to make a practice piece and discovered that I still have problems following directions.  My templates were backwards but at least I know now exactly how to start fresh.

I had Hunter take a picture of me so I could compare it with last years' photo. I don't know why I put myself through this.  I must have a hidden desire to punish myself. This is how I aged in one year....
Although I must say, the picture for this year looks a little better than last.  Except for that damn hair, of course!


The lighting on the second picture kind of makes my hair look green.  I really need to do something with that mop.  I get to a certain point where I just can't stand it and I break down and get it all chopped off.  I never have been able to do a thing with my hair.  This may end up being the week where I call for an appointment.

Happy 18th Anniversary to my youngest daughter and her husband..... and I was informed this morning that yesterday was NOT Mary and Andy's anniversary.  It's April 26.  I should have known that and I have no clue why my notes say April 8th.  They've since been fixed.


One of my diet changes that I've been attempting to change is my DEEP NEED for a bowl of ice cream while watching night time TV.  I kept buying ice cream telling myself the twins loved it and appreciated it. (which they did) but my attempts to have just a tiny scoop once in a while often ended up with me having a HUGE bowl.  Then, when there was little left in the carton, I'd eat that too  telling myself I needed to get that ice cream out of the house once and for all.  If the kids came looking for treats and wondered what happened to the ice cream, I'd have to tell them I had company. ha ha ha ha ha  They knew better, of course.


At any rate, there's no ice cream in the house now.  I'm snacking on popcorn instead. Now, I just have to convince myself to not salt it or find a different way to flavor it.  I bought some microwave popcorn once called Krackling Korn that Hunter favored and man, that stuff was really tasty!


Today I'm going to do some rearranging and cleaning. Brought in one of three barrels I have in the garage and intend to empty it out and throw most of the junk away. Will give some to Serenity House. The barrels, which I've had for several years, are very handy. I have two in the garage to hold garden tools and long handled things.  This one used to hold material in my sewing room but then it got sent to the garage too and ended up being the catchall barrel.  Time to clean it out.  I have several little nooks and crannies around here that need sorting and cleaning and tossing. All in good time.
Now to ponder what I can store in the barrel...hmmm....blankets maybe?  Although I already have them stored in a special big bin that is easy to get at.  I'll think of something.



Off to the living room now. I'm in a rearrange mood and intend to take down the puzzle table and find another area for jigsaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment