My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mid Week at home

Sammy is sleeping at my feet although he looks up every once in a while, hoping I suspect, that I'll toss him something to eat.  I posted this on Facebook this morning 'cause he was so darn cute begging for food.
I think my favorite part of many days is when Jenni comes to pick him up and he is so excited to see her that he starts "talking".  Or at least it sounds close to him wanting to utter human words.  Tickles me no end.

My day has no special events but nothing new there.  And I'm fine with that.  I did play around with applique yesterday (a tulip pattern I want to try) but I need to figure out a way to lighten up and not be so critical of my work.  I think it's one of those instances like "dinner always tastes better when somebody else fixes it."  I'm just never contented with my own handiwork.  I'll deal with it.

The morning news shows (and I hesitate to call them that) got turned off early again. I really have no desire to hear how Madonna deals with raising children in the limelight and seeing her daughter caught with a cigarette.  I also don't give a rip about John Edwards' haircut.  I've got a Gary Cooper movie on now. Lou  Gehrig story. Seen it lots of times but I never tire of the classics.

Last night, for example, I was surfing around looking for something to entertain me (I should have just picked up a book) when I came across 'Ride the Wild Surf' from 1964.  The plot was your usual corny storyline but it was still fun to see Tab Hunter, Shelley Fabares, Barbara Eden, Fabian, and that cute dollbaby, Jim Mitchum!  I looked up Tab Hunter on IMDB and I may search the library for his autobiography.  His real name is Arthur Kelm but his agent had him change it. Hunter came from his skills as a horseman who rode hunters and jumpers. Today, 'The girls on the beach' is showing and the Crickets and Beach Boys are performing. I just may tape that.

Oh YEA!  A hummingbird just visited my feeders outside the window.  That means they'll be back.

Another quick note before I get going around here....I usually click on the bedroom tv as I toss back the covers to see what the news headlines are.  What makes me even sadder than the story I heard was the fact that I just listened and watched and wasn't aghast at the horrible news.  Our world has become so full of evil deeds (don't know what else to call it) that you almost become immune as you hear yet another horror story.  I'm talking about the "registered nurse" who snatched a newborn baby from her mother's arms and shot the mother dead.  How do you explain such behavior?  You know what I think?  You can't explain it.  Personally, I feel it just might be as simple as THE DEVIL!  Yep!  The devil--Satan.

Granted, the nurse was deranged but how did the world become so full of deranged lunatics?  Drugs? Violence on TV and movies? The water we drink? Chemicals? Genetics?  Maybe.  Or just maybe it's the devil.

I can hear some of my friends chuckling now.  That Joyce is such a dingbat sometimes. And my brother...yeah, I know what he'll think about this.  But that's okay. To each their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment