My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, April 2, 2012

Trip into Hadlock

Mary Norton and I attended a committee meeting for the CZ Retirement dinner held each March. Ginger and Paul Jacobsen hosted at their house on Oak Bay Road.  Man, what a neat place.  I didn't think my camera was working (but it was) so I ended up with a load of repeat photos. Will post here and yak a little at the bottom of each. Those pictured include Linda & Harlan Wolff, Frank Borgstrom, Curt Russ, Loraine Boling, Mary Norton, Voneda Stiewe, Roy & Laverne Hicks, and Ginger & Paul.
It was so much fun seeing all of their unusual and pretty house decorations.










 double doors open into a huge master bedroom with two walk-in closets and other doors that lead to adjoining rooms...a sewing room and a room with a hot tub.
                                                           Here's a shot of the bathroom
                                                    The hot tub looks out on the back yard
                           I loved seeing these two drawings of Paul & Ginger in their younger days.
 They bought this old Fort Worden  print at the museum at the fort and had it  framed. I think I want one of those too.
 Here's Alyce Hansen with the magnificent counted cross stitch quilt she made a few years ago. Took her eight years to finish all the states and hand quilt it. (It's been on TV too)



 Each state square showed the state motto, bird, flower, flag, and capital.  It was something!
                                                          Fish pond outside their front door
 3000 square feet house surrounded by trees.  They even have bears travel through sometimes.
                                              This is their "guest house" that sits nearby for visitors.
Alyce (bless her heart) gave me another button bracelet today.  I've had the one on the right for several years and now I have a second one.  They are so pretty.

Well, it's almost time for supper so I guess I'll get off the computer until later tonight.  I tried to start on my family history project this morning but didn't like the arrangement of where various files were so I spent an hour fixing up the nearby closet and desk area.  I'll start in tomorrow when I'm fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment