My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Later in the day

Had lunch with Mary Norton and stopped at Safeway to buy a couple ingredients for enchilladas. Now I don't feel like cooking, though, so I'll fix them tomorrow instead.  I puttered around most of the afternoon. Sorted through my button collection as I want to mount some of them for display.  Discovered my collection, however, is kind of boring so I went down to Serenity House to see if they had any laying around.  They didn't.  I'll keep hunting.

I always seem to find something that interests me when I go there. Today it was two sacks of quilt batting for a dollar a piece (love that price!) and this cute little metal bicycle.



I'm not sure what that side car is supposed to hold.  I also picked up this beautiful bowl with lilac   tulips on it. Everything was half price, apparently, as my total bill was under $10.  I may use the bowl as a gift but I'm going to leave it sitting out for now so I can admire it.



As I looked through my supply of old magazines and patterns, I came across several pages of craft ideas you can have kids make.  I absolutely refuse to throw them out but I would like to give them to anybody who might like them.  I'd even pay postage.    I made another wall hanging with the red hearts I had appliqued a while back. Now I have to figure out who I can give it to.


My sister sent me a picture she saw in a magazine for an applique wall hanging. I love it so much, I immediately made templates for it and will start on it tomorrow. I won't add the dogs, though.


I went downtown to get a picture of the cruise ship that's in town. Found a good spot at the top of the stairs that lead down to First Street.  Another guy was taking pictures for his Facebook page.Truck driver whose territory is PT, Sequim, Joyce, PA, Quilcene. He told me that the black speck on my lens when I zoom is a piece of dirt on the inside. He took his camera apart to vacuum it but I'm not about to try that.  Here's the two pictures I took.



Sad to hear Dick Clark is gone.  Like a part of my teenage years disappearing.  I chuckle whenever I remember that Mary Gaboury (in sincere earnest) wanted to invite Dick Clark to one of our class reunions.  She was convinced he would show up.  We never did try but I wish we had.

And in case I don't blog tomorrow...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHARON SOFIE IN PORTLAND! Our history goes back to first grade.  After graduation we lived together in Port Angeles and Portland. Ironic how we both ended up in those two towns after all these years.


It's 5:30 pm and the rain has been coming down for over an hour.  Maybe I can talk myself into staying off the computer tomorrow morning and get straight into sewing.  I often use my blog as an excuse to get out of other work.   Since I wrote twice today, I intend to not write tomorrow. We'll see how successful I am.

Oh...and shame shame on the Secret Service.  That REALLY ticks me off!  Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment