My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, April 20, 2012

Maddie's Mad

When Jenni dropped off the dog this morning, Maddie led him to the front door. As she handed over his leash, she said:  "Can you believe it?!  I am so mad!  They voted off Colton on Idol. Grrrrr!!"

"Oh, I know," I told her. "I thought the way the judges were carrying on, he was probably going to win."

I'm off American Idol now.  And not because of Colton.  I'm too old to appreciate his kind of music.  Phil Phillips would have been my choice to win.  The judges were grating on my nerves. Randy's basic comment is "Dude Dude."  Steven Tyler has whatever opinion the other two have and his vocabulary seems quite limited as well.  Jennifer Lopez, of course, sees herself as the one who knows the business and is the spokesman for the team. Her delight in being on camera irritates me and I usually fast-forward through all of them. Same goes for the judges on 'Dancing with the Stars.' I like teh host, Tom Bergeron, but the rest of them are pure show-offs.

I quit watching 'TheVoice' for about the same reason.  The judges were okay (except Christina Aguilera) but the songs being performed were often so screechy and AWFUL that I wondered why anyone thought that was worth listening to.  And the get-ups they dress all these performers in makes it look like a freak circus.

Gimme the days of 'Amateur Hour' when Ted Mack said a few words of intro and let it go at that.  Or Dick Clark on the early days of Bandstand when a handful of teens would listen to a song and say stuff like "I'll give it a 75% 'cause you can dance to it."  Now, that was good TV!

I decided to zigzap applique around my houses and trees today. I think it looks better. I bought this applique presser foot at the sewing store last week. It's completely open so you can see where the material is to make your turns. Amazes me sometimes how little I know about sewing notions.

Kris Logue gave me some tips on using buttons so I'm going to search online for projects. I especially liked her idea of doing quilt wall hangings and using buttons as accents for a 3-D look.  While digging around in my  button jars, I came across a little baggie of beaded safety pins. Decided my gramma feet needed some sprucing up. Yeah, I feel much sexier now. 

Well, gotta write a quick letter to my sister in prison.  And how many people can write that in a blog?!  hee hee  Actually, the letters are kind of hard to write sometimes because you can't include newspaper clippings or even pictures. Can't send any gifts of any kind; not even stamps.  But mail is mail so she'll have to be contented hearing about my ever so interesting life in front of  the computer, sewing machine, and television set.

Not much planned for the weekend although I'm  thinking about traveling into Port Townsend so I can attend the open house at the research center.  Depends on how my legs are feeling.  Sigh.....when did my activity schedule come down to how body parts are operating?!

Here's a video with Tom Waits. Love his voice...

And here's the latest T-mobile ad.  Part of my daughter's job involves working on the upcoming ads.
She isn't involved in the production or filming but other technical details....

No comments:

Post a Comment