My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lunch out today


Thank you, Peggy, for the tip on printing out the article I wanted in Vanity Fair.  It worked like a dream.  I highlighted the article, cut and pasted it to a word document, changed the font down to a smaller size, and printed it out.  I was surprised it was 12 pages single spaced but then I remember it was kind of a long article in the magazine.  Now I can read it at my leisure in the recliner and I saved myself the cost of a very expensive magazine.

Happy Birthday to Virginia Tomlinson today!

This is what made me laugh yesterday...... my cousin, Cindy, in Gig Harbor posted on Facebook about her dog.  "Pathetic! My golden refuses to believe we actually tore the back deck down. He is laying in the rain, right where he would usually lay on the deck. Goofball."


 
Later in the afternoon:

Just took Maddie to softball practice.  Had to go to two fields as the one scheduled was too wet to play on.  Yvonne and I went to Taco Time for lunch.  Soft chicken burrito and water.  She was telling me about a car accident (of sorts) that she was in a couple weeks back.

She was in her car (a small Hybrid) with her son-in-law and daughter and they had just pulled into a parking spot at a Mexican Restaurant.  All of a sudden, a large tire came flying from out of the air and hit her car.  Scared her half to death.  She said the damage looked minimal and she felt sorry for the 50-something guy who had lost a tire as he came to a stop at a nearby traffic light as he was very shook up about it.

She was also shook and after exchanging ID info and insurance data, she continued into the restaurant to try and calm down.  The other guy apparently got the tire back on his old pick up and left.  He had told her he was headed for Forks.  She turned the claim into her insurance and come to find out there  was $1400 damage and she had $100 deductible.  AND..the guy had given her a fake name and had no insurance. 
The cops hadn't been called and Yvonne said they wouldn't come anyhow because there was no actual accident; it was considered a "flying object accident."  She was sure she didn't have deductible but the agent said she did so now she's dealing with that.  Will have to leave her car for a few days at the garage.  That whole episode was a mental note to me  to try and remember to always take pictures on the scene right away.  Especially of the license plates.  I always carry my camera but of course, most people these days have camera phones too.  So many dishonest people out there.

Here's a commercial that made me laugh today...

No comments:

Post a Comment