My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, April 8, 2012

It's Easter Time Folks!

Sat watching a few robins playing in the front yard this morning. Naturally, that meant grab the camera as it seemed a good photo opportunity.

I've got Pandora channel streaming in over the television (Merle Haggard right now) and I'm sitting here with a lukewarm cup of coffee that I probably should nuke in the microwave.  I had a really nice day yesterday.  I rode my bike, I sewed, I worked on family history, I read, I watched TV, and all in all had a nice relaxing time.  For whatever reason, I couldn't quite get enthused about my sewing project. I sewed this together but didn't make any effort to arrange it as I was getting bored and wanted to go on to something else.  Doing even this much was a whole lot of work too!  I need to focus.  I'm going to start an applique wall hanging--like I should have done in the first place.

I did start again on sorting pictures on my hard drive. It's both fun and tiring but I intend to do a little every day until it's fixed up the way I want.  Have also decided I need to immediately delete pictures that I take that are duplicates of others or that I'm done looking at.  Not doing so has made my computer full of unnecessary pictures.  I came across one taken of me on Easter of last year.  Today I'm going to have Jen take another photo so I can compare them side by side to see how much I've aged.  Or ....how much better looking I've become.  Surely, that will be the outcome.  Ha ha ha
(I'll post them tomorrow....I bet you're excited, huh?)

Hunter and I went shopping on Friday while Maddie was on a bowling alley date with Travis from Forks, who was in town visiting his grandparents. He's a couple years older.  Nice boy.
It was kinda fun shopping with Hunter. I wanted to make up an Easter basket for Jen and he was full of suggestions.  Told me what she liked, what she already had, what she wanted, etc.  He's such a cutie.

Tomorrow  is Jenni and Wayne's anniversary so I'll post their pictures then.  Today is Mary and Andy's anniversary. Here they are on a trip they took to Iguaza Falls in Argentina.

Also have to give a shout out to my cousin, Denny Blankenship, in Anacortes, who is celebrating the big 70 today!  How can that be?  Here he is on the right pictured with his siblings, Sue, Arlie, and Dale.
And here's another taken in front of the Catholic Church when Sue's daughter was getting married.
Pictured are Denny, Dale, Arlie, Janie, Bill, and me. Hard to believe we used to play together as children.  We all look pretty good.

I browsed around on Netflix last night and found a movie from 2010 called 'The Way Back'.  It was pretty good. Starred Ed Harris & Colin Farrell.

Guess I'll get moving now. Well, not moving exactly. I intend to sit here at the computer and work on pictures and family history.  Looking at my April calendar shows I have a very busy and active life. Two notations to take out the trash every other Friday---and that is it!  Woe is me.  How can my life be so dull yet I seem so contented.  Must say a lot about my ability to entertain myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment