My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Let's be healthy out there!

I've been talking sternly to myself for a couple of weeks now about how I need to get back on track with healthier eating and more exercise.  Went to a new doctor this morning. Liked her and that was a plus. She felt I was being too hard on myself.    What a good doctor I found.  Anyhow, I've been feeling kind of punk and knew I was close to opening and walking through that health door.  Decided 4-4-12 was a nice number to use as a starting point.  So was my weight. But I won't share that nice round number. I will say, though, that it wasn't as much as a newborn elephant.  Ha Ha

I  wanted to establish, among other things, that I could go to this doctor and discuss more than one body part per visit.  Sometimes I have a quick question on something else going on and don't want to be chastised for bringing it up.  I went to Safeway and bought all good stuff.  Came home and separated all the meats into smaller freezer packages and made up 10 snack baggies.  Made for a colorful kitchen table.

I also put in a half hour outside riding my bike up and down the street.  I had touches of insomnia last night and have woke up the last two morning with calf cramps so I'm kinda dragging today.  Bought some magnesium tablets and hopefully, that will help along with the bananas and extra water I need to drink.

I started working on my family history project again but was too weary to get enthused about it.  I think I'm going to have to skip over some parts as I've already written about many of the suggested topics in my autobiography called 'The Alphabet of my Life.'

The twins are at the other grandma's house today so maybe I'll head into the recliner and take a nap. I set a big stack  of quilt books by my chair and intend to browse to my hearts' content the next few days. Need to start a new sewing project and I'm leaning towards applique.  My goal is to make a scene of the house on Kuhn Street with the barn and gardens.  Not quite sure how to do that but I'll figure it out eventually.  Maybe.

Got the PTHS alumni newsletter in my email box this morning.  Looks good, as usual.  Think I'll write my next Leader blog about my book.  Need to get going on advertising as it should be ready to mail out in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment