My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, April 16, 2012

Rainy Spring Day-but I'm fine with it

Something woke me up early this morning and I laid there for a minute listening...Oh yeah, the rain is back. I rolled over and went back to sleep.  I'm sitting here at the laptop watching a whole lot of birds swooping and flying across the street over the scotch broom field. Yesterday I spotted a hummingbird and that was a pleasant surprise as I'd read they don't generally show up until May. I immediatey fixed up my feeders and nectar.  Hung them out this morning in between the rain showers.

Two hours later...

My darn cable went out. Not only lost tv but Pandora music and Internet.  Decided to get some chores done while waiting.  Cleaned out my jewelry boxes and put 22 pairs of earrings (that I never wear) into separate little baggies.  Also downsized a few necklaces, a bracelet, and a watch.  Amazing to see how many earrings I still have left.  Maybe 3 or 4 dozen?    Gees, sounds like I'm rolling in jewels, doesn't it?

I couldn't seem to get going yesterday.  I did ride my bike for 20 minutes but even that was an effort. Didn't feel like working on family history or even being on the computer for any length of time.  I ran over to Joanne Fabrics to pick up a little material as they were having a sale on fat quarters.  As usual, their clerk help was minimal.  They set up a "take a number" machine and I spied one old lady sitting on her walker with a really mad look on her face so I assumed she'd been waiting way too long already. Figured I was behind her and since I didn't have a place to sit (and needed to) I opted to leave and go to the other fabric store in town.  I did buy four fat quarters at checkout, though.  Different designs of purple and I plan to make this tulip applique pattern I found in one of my books.

Speaking of tulips...  the bulbs in the planter box blossomed but not the ones along my fence. At least not yet.


Played around with my new phone yesterday. Thanks Mary!  I had to learn how to switch all the contacts from my sim card to my new phone and then I had to edit that list down.  I managed and that's saying something considering this would have sent me into a tailspin a few years ago.


The only sewing I got done yesterday was putting together my mini Sunbonnet Sue's.  Had hoped to applique around each one but discovered I used the wrong kind of transfer paper so I'll have to hope they just stay put with the ironing bond.


I hung this really pretty stained glass frame that Ruth gave me a while back.  I'd put it in one window, then another, trying to find the perfect spot.  I wanted it to hang so I rigged up a string and screws project.  Hopefully, it will be safe there.  Cording or a chain would probably look better, though.



I sure had fun writing my last Leader blog.  It's amazing what you can find on microfilm sometimes.

I rented two movies from Red Box this weekend.  Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy...give it a C- because it was too hard to follow.  Such a disappointment.  The second one (Iron Lady) was excellent.  You can't usually go wrong with Meryl Streep.  I think I'm going to write one of my blogs about my opinions on movie choices for Oscars.  Iron Lady was WAY BETTER than that stupid black and white silent movie they gave the top prize to.

Well, mail lady just arrived so that reminds me to make a quick run down to the corner grocery to mail off two books.  Just got an email from a classmate who wants to pay me via my paypal account. He's already done it so now I have to go to the website and see exactly how that works. 

Hmmm...my front lawn is looking like it needs a cut.  Must be the rain.





No comments:

Post a Comment