My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Where'd that sun go?

I spent yesterday on various household tasks. Today I was going to spend a little time in the yard as I have a big bag of dirt I'm anxious to start playing with.  Surprised to see how gray and overcast it is as I thought that was on schedule for tomorrow.  Doesn't really matter that much, though; if I decide to work outside, I'll just put on my rainhat and gloves.  I wish I could afford to hire a gardener. At least for the weeding needed here and there.  I like to weed and pretty things up but if my back or legs are not in the mood then getting down close to the ground for any length of time is a painful effort. One way or the other, though, the job will get done--even if I have to do it 10-minute periods at a time.

I want to use some of the dirt to fix up my round of pots in the lower yard.  They need some fresh soil and that area needs a lot of cosmetic work.

I can see a  lot of rearranging coming on just looking at these pictures.  My rearranging gene thrives outside as well as in the house.  I may not have a green thumb but I can move rocks and yard decorations with a flourish.  And my tulips along the fence finally came up too.


Hmmmm.. book to put on my reading list I think. Just watched a segment on the Today Show about Madeleine Albright's latest book called 'Prague Winter.'  Sounds like just the type of book I'd like.

Happy Belated Birthday (yesterday) to cousin Dale over in Sequim.


Second day in a row I've watched a police car drive down the street slowly.  This is right after I watched a couple of teenage boys with hooded sweatshirts and backpacks walking down the road.  I assume they live on the other side of the woods and are on their way to the alternative school a half mile or so from here.  Still...you never know if maybe they weren't sleeping in the woods all night.
Yeah, Gladys Kravitz is alive and well on this street!  ha ha

After I wrote a little piece on this 1930's child star for my PT Leader blog, I became email pals with his daughter, who lives in Pennsylvania.  She wants to read my autobiography that I wrote a few years ago so I'm going to the print shop today to have another book printed.  I'm reading her dad's book now (The boy who looked like Shirley Temple)  Am enjoying it too. Easy reading that flows along nicely and holds your interest.

I cut out a lot of applique pieces yesterday and will start ironing them onto fabric this afternoon. I've got three different patterns I'm working on....my triangle house village, some tulips, and a third with purple flowers.  I also invested in some decorative buttons at Joanne's (talk about expensive!) and I'll add them to some of the designs.  Also hope to try and make a couple of button boards this week. Need to stop by Goodwill and Serenity House to see what I can find in the way of old frames.

And with that, I think I'll get myself prettied up and on the road.  It's 9 a.m. and I like to do my errands early. Here's a song by Lacy J. Dalton and other female song writers that was performed on Austin City Limits several years ago.  I think I have this video tape in my collection. Always loved Lacy J.'s voice.  That woman with the short blond hair and beige jacket is Gail Davies, who used to be my neighbor in Port Townsend when she was a kid.  Others on stage include Emmylou Harris and Roseanne Cash.


No comments:

Post a Comment