My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

WOO HOO!!

Just got a call from my printer and my book is ready for pick-up.  So excited. Can't wait to see it.  And thank you to Barbara Shaw who agreed to letting me display it at Don's Pharmacy in Port Townsend. My other book did well there and it always helps to be able to let people actually see the book in person.  Now I'll start to market it with vigor on my blogs, Facebook,  email, and maybe Ebay too.

It was so nice out yesterday I just had to get out and do a little in the yard.  Because I had rearranged furniture (and because I'm old and stiff) it was slow going for me.  It's so aggravating to want to be able to tackle yard jobs and realize you just plain can't cut it!  Thank God for Hunter.  He likes yard work and he's good at it.

He moved some cement blocks I had been using as back steps (before I got my new ones) and he placed them in the front. Looks so much better.
 Before and after shots.......
Eventually I have to get this whole area weeded and prettied up.  Can't do too much because the deer come in now and again. Hunter suggested weeding, black plastic, & bark to start.  I'll need help with that.  In the back yard, we have to fix up the area where the work was done on the steps.  Trouble is, the dirt there is hard as rock and making it pretty is going to be tough.  I've tried before.


I wish I had the money to hire a gardener/landscape person.  More than that, though, I wish I had the body and strength to do it myself.  Odd how I never had any interest in yard work when I was able to do it.

Walked over to investigate my tulips and they're dang close to blooming.
Does anybody know the answer to this question?  I've encountered it once before and somebody (I think my cousin, Dale) told me what it was but I forgot.  Anyhow, last night on the History channel I was watching American Pickers and (during commercial I think) maybe during the show too... a gobbly gook of numbers appeared in the bottom of the screen.

The first set read: PNOMKQQB0D4E866A8904A788E   Later, I got stuff like 2#F, a square, a dividing symbol, another square, another dividing symbol, a # sign, etc. etc.

It wasn't appearing on other channels that I switched over to look at.  Just curious.  I'm on cable.

I started working on a mini Sunbonnet Sue wall hanging yesterday and I'm having so much fun with it.  Course I already discovered I used too light of a material for her arms so I have to make some new ones today.

Think I'll run downtown and get my books, stop at Safeway and buy some foods the kids like, get gas (UGH!), and maybe make a quick stop at Walgreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment