My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday before Easter

Another video I got from Les Walden this morning.  I was surprised at how I got kind of teary towards the end.  I wasn't expecting that.


Woke up to a very frosty looking backyard. Sun is shining, though, and it appears we're going to have a nice day.  Hunter was bored yesterday and offered to cut my grass. I didn't think it really needed it that much but once he was finished, I realized how much better it was looking.  I'm sure mowing it will activate the grow seeds too.  He said the side of the house where he had weedeated a couple weeks back was especially high and thick already. Within minutes of finishing, the rains came hard and heavy.

Maddie went to work with her dad yesterday.  Wayne let them take turns riding in his FedX  truck while he made deliveries.  When she returned, Hunter wanted to know how many packages she got to scan (she didn't count), how many packages they picked up at the airport (17), and what they had for lunch.    When Hunter had his turn, one of the highlights was getting to go inside the juvenile detention place (near here) for the bad kids.   hee hee

Today I think Hunter is going to visit Wayne's sister and her husband. Not sure.  Maddie has a "date" at the bowling alley with Travis from Forks.  I'm taking her there so I'll have to make sure I get a picture.  He's the grandson of an old school mate I had in grade school--Faye Radley.

Filmed a couple of short videos of Sammy yesterday so Janie can see him. This was one Wayne stopped in and Sammy wanted a biscuit in his leg pocket.



Hunter and I drove into Sequim yesterday to meet Mary Gaboury for lunch. I needed to deliver the quilt she had my sister-in-law finish up.  What a keepsake that will be. Mary's grandmother made it.
I had Hunter take a picture of us but why, I'll never know.  As usual, I look like a cow!  (but I'm working on looking better)  I seriously doubt I'll ever get mistaken for a "dish". Well, maybe a plate of stew!  Ha ha  Mary, of course, looks thin and fit.

Hunter and I rode bikes around the neighborhood for a short time.  I got very achy quickly and decided to try for a longer ride today. Am also going to the library today. Have three books in mind and the computer says they're all in--Madame Bovary, What the dog saw, and Unnecessary Talking. I also intend to look over their books on applique and counted cross stitch. Every since I saw Alyce Hansen's cross stitch masterpiece, I keep thinking I want to get going on another project. Something smaller than hers, however.

Went online to look at teh 1940 census. I was thinking I had to sign up for ancestry.com to access it but that's not the case.  I'll still join ancestry at some point, though.  It didn't take any time at all for me to get involved and absorbed into the data search.  Found my grandpa, dad and Uncle Jim living at the Kuhn St. house.  You should go there. It's a blast! http://1940census.archives.gov

Watched 'Doc' on PBS last night.  Good, as usual.  I did have some concern however, at the way they were holding this newborn baby.  Now I'm wondering if it was a prop in many of the scenes.  Probably was.

Woke up this morning trying to shake off a few nightmares.  Man, were they ever dreadful!  Always makes me wonder what's going on in my head to have such horrid dreams circulating.  One took place on a ferryboat (a common dreamscape for me for several years).

I pulled a couple of material bins to the corner of the kitchen near my sewing machine and managed to spend an hour or two sewing little squares together.  I really enjoy sewing but have found I do a whole lot better if I don't try to sew for long periods of time.   It's a good way, though, to get me off the computer and sometimes, the twins just need Grandma to get away from the laptop so they can have their turn.  And now I'll return to my family history project.  It got bogged down for a few days because I was getting bored with material I'd already worked on.  I pushed through and decided to get to subjects that were fresh. Doesn't matter if I skip all over the place because I know where I'm going.
Here's a second video of Hunter and Sammy wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment