My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Flea market, Costco & home again



A friend sent me this video via Facebook. I thought it was pretty good.  The second video was sent by Les Walden. It was interesting as well.







Jenni had to make a Costco run into Sequim so I decided to tag along instead of driving into Port Townsend.  Her and Hunter brought me some "prizes" he had won yesterday at the school carnival. I was thrilled.  A flower pot, bird house, bird seed, coffee, a watering can, a porch deco that blows in the wind, and a box of tea.  I bought a big bag of dirt at Costco and will start playing around fixing up my outdoor pot area next week.


I finished zigzagging my village wall hanging yesterday. It looks a lot better and I think I'll try to make some more using different house and tree shapes.


We made a side trip to a flea market in my old neighborhood and I found a couple of old buttons, another minature toilet for my collection, and a small bathroom sink.  Ran into my cousin, Dale, and his wife Joyce, who were looking over this guys coin collection.  He also had a postcard collection and I spent a little time going through it.  Would have bought more from him as he had some old ones but they were a little high.  I spent $18 as it was on just the two I did purchase.  Both were Chetzemoka Park.  I love them!




I've tried and tried to read the names on this postcard and the date but outside of 'Gertrude' and 'Ben', I'm not real sure of the writing. The person it's addressed to might be Bryl Collivers.  The date says 199 and the last number is missing.  Two-cent stamps were in place in 1917.


On the way home from Costco, Hunter wanted to stop at a pawn shop downtown as they had some old pennies he was interested in buying.  He's going to have a good collection someday. 

Well, gotta search for button projects now.
Another note.....Two people wrote they thought the name was Beryl H. Oliver and the date was 1919. My daughter also showed me how it was 1919 on the postcard.  Now I'm going to research Beryl.

1 comment:

  1. Joyce,
    Could the name be Beryl H. Oliver?
    Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete