My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's Saturday Morning Live!

I had to take my sewing machine back to the shop again because it wouldn't sew right.  Long story short... there's so much to learn when you sew.  Actually, I guess that can be true of a lot of crafts. Come to find out, I had purchased the kind of iron & bond paper that you can't sew with afterwards.  I needed to buy iron and bond LIGHT.  All my little squares of Sunbonnet Sue...sigh...I'll figure out something.  They told me I could continue to sew around the applique pieces but I'd have to clean the needle with alcohol frequently to get the glue off. 

I purchased the right stuff while I was there and another machine presser foot that lets me see the fabric better to applique.  I can still use the iron & bond Heavy but have to be satisfied with ironing the pieces on with no stitching afterwards.  Had I read the package when I  bought it, I might have saved myself the trouble.  The printing was tiny, though, and I had been walking all over (Walmart) without a cart and my back and feet were wanting rest.  I grabbed what I thought would work and made my way to checkout.

I haven't rode my bike for two days in a row but I'll break that routine and get out there today.

Rented a movie from Red Box last night. The Big Year with Steve Martin.  Another so-so flick. Was okay, though. About bird watchers and the scenery and birds was worth the time.

Got up at 6:15 a.m.    Some mornings you just  decide it's time to start the day.  I've got the washing machine running but that will be the extent of housework.  Yvonne gave me some turkey soup she made so that's gonna be supper.  I think I'll head over to the library when they open at 10 and maybe stop at Albertsons and browse Red Box for another movie tonight.  My day will consist of family history project, sewing, and bike riding.  Noticed frost on the neighbor's roof  and I had to turn the heat on to get the chill off the place, but it's going to be nice out there today.

Had the tv on in the bedroom while I was getting dressed and this 1976 western was on starring Charleston Heston and James Coburn.  I noticed this guy who looked familiar and after a bit, I realized he was Yancy Tucker from The Waltons.  You'd have to be a Waltons fan to know this, I suppose. Anyhow, I looked him up on IMDB and found that he had been a friend of Clint Eastwood and was a real good golfer.  Also did a lot of standup.  Funny the things you learn. His part on Waltons was like Goober Pyle from Andy Griffith Show.

Washer just finished so I guess I'll wrap this up and turn on the dryer. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment