My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Born in Port Townsend

Here's an article I found on microfilm at the library this weekend. Caught my eye because this child star was born at St. John's Hospital  a few days before two of my cousins. Claude Walker on July 19 and Joan Arey Dubberly on July 22.
I wrote about him on my Leader blog (Town Kid) and may get  a recent picture to post later. Click on it to read more easily.


Pictures that Bill's daughter shared with me....... and more family history....

My grandfather Roy Mahan had two sisters, Maude and Ada. One of them had a daughter, my "Aunt" Lorraine Lowder, who was Miss Washington State in the Miss America Pageant 1948. She was born in Port Townsend, also.

                                                        James Dean type publicity pose
                                                                     Bill in the Navy
 Bill (in between Bob Hope & the General working as a reporter for his column. This is the Christmas Tour of 1973
                     Bill on far right at birthday party for Jimmy Stewart on a sound stage
                                                     Bill with Jimmy Lydon in center
                                            The Jones Family reunion signing autographs
                     Bill with Jones Family cast June Carlson and George Ernest in Hawaii
                                  Bill's theatre lobby card for his lecture tour 1971-72
 Bill with best friend Kenneth Wannberg, famous music editor of 30 films or more
                                           Bill with daughter, Kelly in 1986. He's 56; she's 24


                                                                Bill in his late 50's

                                          Bill and a friend on a lake in Washington State

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is, I never would have known about this article had you not found it and run with it, what an unexpected, priceless gift.

    And the humor? From the day Little Billy Mahan learned that the tax man took some of his hard earned cash, the rantings and ravings as mid-April approached were legendary in the family. The storm clouds gather overhead as I write this. ;)

    ReplyDelete