My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Digging for worms

I was sitting at my sewing machine yesterday and noticed Hunter in the corner of the backyard. He's so cute.  He planned on fishing at the Lincoln Park pond while Maddie was in softball practice nearby, and needed to dig for worms.
I dropped Maddie off at the field and walked to the pond with Hunter to get some pictures. Too cold to stay very long and I had chicken in the oven anyhow.  He didn't catch any trout but he did the day before.



Here's one of Maddie's  game fields and a large log cabin type structure nearby.



I ran down to the substation at the neighborhood grocery to mail off some more books. Thank you Don and Nancy in California. I didn't think you'd be interested in this volume since you didn't attend Port Townsend schools and I appreciate the order.

As I was leaving the store, I noticed a guy give a "tip" to the clerk after he'd won money on a scratch ticket.  I talked to him outside the store about it as I'd never seen anyone give a tip before.  Irritates me at bingo games these days when the floor walkers and callers expect tips.  Never used to be that way but doesn't matter.  I hardly ever go to bingo anymore and when I did go these past few years, I never won.  Anyhow, the guy said he plays scratch tickets regularly but only buys the ones that he can have handed to him. Doesn't like the machines.  I wish I had asked him how much he tipped. I did overhear him say he'd hit $150.  I never have success with those scratch tickets.  My son won a trip to Vegas once, however, and I remember a PT gal who won a car years ago.


 A house is being roofed about a half block away.  I'm trying to block out the noise but I may have to move to another part of the house. Once I notice a noise, I manage to zoom in on it.  Sammy doesn't like it either. He kept jumping and growling during his nap so I took him outside so he could see exactly what was going on.



Placed an ad in the Leader today for my book. Hope it generates some business as those ads ain't cheap!  I know a lot of people,though, who don't have computers and might be interested in reading the stories.  And that reminds me...I need to set aside a copy for the Alumni gift basket at the fair in August.  I won that basket last summer and what a joy it was!  Terrific items.  I used most of them as gifts.

Banana bread just came out of the oven so I guess I'll hop on my bike for a few minutes before heading back to the sewing machine area.  Have to pick up Hunter at school today as he's bringing home half a dozen prizes he won for jump roping for the Heart Assn a while back.  Thank you again to those folks who sent him money. He was very happy to get it.


Had interesting dreams last night. I should have written them down.  Deceased family members showing up from time to time. Always happy to see them.  Familiar scenes too....the mill, relatives' houses, places I've lived.   I woke up at 2:30 and it was one of those awakenings where you're wide awake and wondering if you should get up.  I hate that!  I stayed put and I must have dozed off later. I looked at the clock and it was 3:15 but I forced myself to close my eyes and think happy thoughts. Woke up again at 7 and felt groggy and icky and pukey like you're supposed to!  Ha Ha

I've managed to let the entire morning slip by and I haven't accomplished much.  Oh well, doesn't matter. I'm retired and I can do whatever I dang well want to!





No comments:

Post a Comment