My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday rearranging

Decided I wanted a change in the living room curtains so I bought some sheer white panels at Walmart  this morning and put the blue curtain in the back spare bedroom.  Last time I'll order curtains via a catalog; I should have known better.  They were okay; Just not suitable for where I hung them.  Anyhow, the living room looks a lot brighter now.

Give me time, though, and these won't suit me either. Especially when summer arrives and the sun makes the room too warm.  I like having the bright open window area and it's usually one of the first things I do each morning--open all the curtains and let the light in.  I noticed, however, that pulling up the blinds was wearing on the cord and I didn't need to have that breaking on me. 


I never can change one thing. New curtains in two rooms meant I had to change the knickknack place for various treasures.  Also changed my entryway. Found a couple of maps and I've been wanting large wall maps that I can refer to. Figured these would work so up they went. My empty wall space is limited because I've got quilt hangings and other PT scenes everywhere.  Probably too cluttered for most peoples' tastes (like my daughters) but it suits me fine.

Since I got to WM early and no one was in the beauty shop yet, I decided spur of the minute to get a haircut. I look a whole lot better now. At least from the neck up.  Ha Ha  Picked up some treats for Sammy, some juice that Madelyn likes, and a couple of other items.  I'm tired now.  Made too many trips up and down the step stool. 

Television is annoying me  again.  Even the shows that I was taping so I could zip through the garbage are starting to bore me.  Not interested in American Idol or The Voice and a whole lot of others are looking lame as well.  I did watch a terrific show on PBS last night, though.  It was 45 minutes long  and when the sign came up saying 'Next time'  I was sooooo unhappy.  NO! I yelled.  I want more.  'Doc' is one show I won't tire of.  More often than not, I'll surf around and land on The Waltons and Little House and decided that's as good as I'm gonna get and I'll stay there.
I usually enjoy politics but lately, I'm finding pretty much all of them are a waste of time.  The latest hubbub they're trying to make a big deal out of is some democratic woman saying Romney's wife never worked a day in her life.  Next thing you know, the news people are all over it trying to smear Obama.  So he has to come on and talk about how he knows his wife has always worked hard at being a mom, blah blah blah.  And then Barbara Bush comes on and says raising children is the hardest job in the world, blah blah blah.  Honest to Pete, do they think we're all that stupid?  Who are they trying to impress and influence.  Certainly not any of the people I know.
Also found it a bit tiring that Ashley Judd was given all this special air time to tell the country that women are criticized in our society for not being paper thin.  Ha!  Like that's news!   A few days ago I heard a news story about how they think maybe obesity is now causing autism. Sigh.....

Well, I've said my piece.  Off to my sewing room--where life is kinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment