My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

To Town & Home Again

Busy day. Eight stops in Port Townsend and Hadlock  and four more in Port Angeles.  Was glad to have Mary along as it makes being in the car less tiring.  Although I am plenty tired and very happy to be home again. I even put my pajamas on already, anticipating that I'm in for the rest of the day and night.

Several PT friends are on the Ideal Protein diet and Mary was telling me about the products you can buy at QFC in Hadlock that the diet advertises.  We had a few minutes to spare so we ran inside. I bought a bottle of pancake syrup and ranch dressing. (Walden Farms) Both bottles say sugar/fat/carbo/gluten/cholesterol free. I'm going to use it for a dip when I eat my baggie of vegetable  munchies.  I don't know what came over me today. Perhaps being with Mary is a good influence but I bypassed all the fast food drive-ins that I favor when I'm out and about.  I actually came home and had munchies instead.  It won't last but I'm kinda proud of myself for today at least.

Mary had to stop at Hollys Flower Shop and this little bird in a nest caught my eye. Price as decent so I did some impulse buying. That's my other buy right behind him.

I delivered a few books to Don's Pharmacy and then stopped at the Leader office to place an ad for the paper edition.    I started to read this article in the April issue of Vanity Fair while waiting for Mary at the doctor's office.  I decided I really wanted that issue but do you think I could find it anywhere.  I went to two book stores in PA but the latest issue was on the stands already and they said I couldn't get the April book unless I wrote the publisher.  Does anybody take Vanity Fair?  It's not a magazine I ever buy or even read really but I do want that issue.  It has Julia Roberts on the cover. I want the article on the Sopranos.

I took my sewing machine into the Viking shop in PA when I got back in town as it had quit doing zigzag stitches.  I was so pleased to find that the problem was just a bad needle.  I really want my machine working right now.

I rented a movie from Red Box yesterday. Sure glad I only spent a dollar. It had a good rating on IMDB but I'm only giving it a C. (Take Shelter)  Slow moving and I kept waiting and waiting for something to happen.  Then....like they do.... it ended leaving me up in the air.  I don't like those kind of movies.

Tomorrow I'm going to lunch with Yvonne and Friday (if she's feeling better) I'm going to lunch with Virginia. (her birthday is tomorrow) Nothing much planned for the weekend, and that's the way I like it.  Will continue with my latest sewing project and my family history project.

Well, off to the recliner to read the Leader and watch The Waltons. Mary Ellen is getting married.

1 comment:

  1. Go to VanityFair.com/magagazine and click on the April 2012 cover for inside article. Hope you find the once you want. Peggy

    ReplyDelete