My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, December 13, 2013

Early Friday morning

Yesterday I "guess" I had 24-hr sinusitis.  I sneezed and blew all day and all night. Felt miserable but prayed it wasn't a cold.  And yay!  It wasn't.  I set up the humidifier in my bedroom and while I don't actually believe it did the trick, I am symptom-free this morning and very thankful.  I never have been able to figure out why these little episodes occur but as long as they mosey on down the road, I'll live with it. 

Sure was happy to see the temperature gauge in the 40's when I woke up.  That cold snap was nasty.
I'm heading off to the doctor's office in about four hours.  Need to get a ugly black thingie checked out that's developed on my knee scar.  My hope is that it can be popped as it is swollen but I'm prepared to hear that it's another infection that needs antibiotics.  I am so weary of this routine.  And more than a little puzzled of why this is occurring.

Had a mammogram yesterday afternoon with my nose running steadily and at one point, my rubber soled sneakers stuck to the floor as I was stepping back from the machine and I tripped a bit.  Alarmed the technician as she started to come to my rescue.  Sigh....I told her not to fret.  I'm just another old lady who trips on her own feet sometimes.  Then I showed her my scar and told her to always pick up her feet.  Ha ha  Surprisingly, this particular mammogram was the first one EVER that was not at all uncomfortable or painful.  I even asked her if she was sure she did it right because it was painless.

Physical therapy is getting a little easier.  Still hurts but I'm working through it.  She put me on the exercise bike and had the settings at a place where I had to really work the knee hard.  Still, it wasn't as bad as I'd experienced when I first began.  My degree of bend got up to 100 at one point so that was promising.  She did feel my black thingie, however, was something that needed attention.

I've also finally came to the conclusion that I really need to visit the dentist and get the front tooth checked out again. Still no pain but definitely "something is amiss."  My suspicion is that the nerve is dying and that's the discomfort I feel when I touch the tooth.  I guess.  My dentist is closed on Fridays so I'll wait until Monday to give them a ring.

I finished up a couple dozen Christmas cards but think I'll send out my  Christmas letter via email to everyone in my address book.  Fifteen of my cards ended up being too heavy for a regular stamp so I had to go invest in 20 cent stamps to add to the envelope.  That was annoying.  My favorite card so far this year is a little homemade one of trees that Joy Bland sent me.  If I thought I could make cards that good, I'd take up the craft but I know my limits.  I have seen my sewing, after all, and we're talking amateur hour most of the time.

The morning news shows are doing their usual thing and pushing me towards my Pandora Music Channel.  I don't know about you but I detest the banter the newscasters think we want to hear each morning when they give their opinions on various videos or news stories.   Seattle's Channel Four station, especially, is trying to hard to be Good Morning America.  They're not cutting it.  And GMA gets switched to Today an awful lot too. Especially if they give air time to Kanye West who I find as boring as Mike Tyson and almost everybody else they're shoving down our throats.  Oh, and Nancy Grace too.  Ugh!  What a sour individual.  I'm also gagging when I have to hear over and over and over again how close the goofy deaf interpreter got to our president.  Give me a break. Now they're replaying video of how Obama had to shoulder past him to get on stage.  And while I'm on the subject of why I'm probably going to cancel some of my cable stations...is anybody as sick as I am of hearing that jerk tell us how he's stealing our identity?  Easy Peasy?  Please......

I've got a little bit of Christmas sewing to do today, a few gifts to wrap, and if I really feel energetic, I might do a bit of ironing.  "Might" being the key word here.  Who really cares if my t-shirts are wrinkled?  It's not like I go anywhere besides doctor's offices these days.

Okay. The washer just turned off so I'm gonna toss the sheets in the dryer, unload the dishwasher, and plug in the sewing machine.  And I still don't take my retirement years for granted.  I LOVE that I don't have to go to work.  I'll write more later in the day.....or not.  I have to share with someone about the "thingie" on my knee.  Ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment